“Super service and absolutely delicious crawfish etouffee.”

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #32 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018

My four person group dined at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar on a very busy Saturday night at the end of the tourist season. We were greeted outside the restaurant and shown to a table that backed up to the service island. Rather than being subjected to the noise of clinking dishes as I expected, we received outstanding service from every waiter that walked by. Our water glasses were repeatedly refilled and our waitress carefully watched to assure that we didn't need anything. My companions shared a tray of raw oysters (which they described as "absolutely delicious") and each had the largest "small" bowl of gumbo that I have ever seen. Paired with a cold beer and an order of garlic toast, the crawfish etouffee was absolutely outstanding. I left very happy that I was wearing pants with an elastic waistband !

Date of visit: October 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thank you, we're happy to hear that. We hope that you will stop by again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Good place on the Strand for some gumbo and other specialty food items. Good salads too. Friendly staff who made suggestions on wine and type of gumbo to order. Make sure you watch them cook up your dish.

Date of visit: September 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thanks for dining with us, Paula. Happy to hear you had a great visit with us, enjoyed some of our award-winning gumbo and that our staff took such great care of you. We appreciate the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

This place was great. We had our dog and ate out on the little patio in the front of the restaurant. They were playing Zydeco music. My wife had a dish made with a beignets with seafood etouffee on it. I had the biggest bowl of seafood gumbo ever. The only thing I didn't like about this place was that I left my left-over gumbo there and forgot to take it with me.

Date of visit: September 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Great to hear, Tex! Hope you and your wife come see us again!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Gumbo was ok but not outstanding. Beignet's were overcooked, crusty on the outside and gummy on the inside. Worst was the bread pudding. Like a frozen brick of old bread that had been heated in the microwave. Sorry guys, probably won't be back. Really looked forward to our visit.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thanks, Jim, for dining with us. We appreciate the feedback on the beignets and bread pudding, which are two of our more popular desserts. Your comments have been shared and we hope you'll give us another try and let us know how we're doing.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We found this restaurant on TripAdvisor during a recent visit to Galveston. The gumbo is delicious and the portions are large so great for sharing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

That's great to hear! We are glad that you had a great time, and we hope you will come by again soon!