“Good, Very Large Portions”

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #31 of 325 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We stop by for gumbo every Mardi Gras season. Having grown up in New Orleans, the flavor is a little different but still very enjoyable. The roux is darker than I'm use to and the seafood is added when ordered. For me that is a plus since I prefer only shrimp and crab in my gumbo. The garlic bread is a large order and very good especially with the gumbo. Service was also very good.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for your great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed our gumbo and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I had a couple of bowls of terrific gumbo and a nice draft beer for lunch. The poboys also sounded good but we didn't try.

Thanks for the review. We are very happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your lunch with us. We hop to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This was without a doubt the best Gumbo I have ever eaten. The roux was flavorful and the seafood plentiful. We had it with the garlic bread which was perfect for capturing every last drop in our bowls.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for your great review Teresa! Please come back and see us for more garlic bread and gumbo!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

To start the service was amazing. I’m sorry I didn’t get our servers name. She was short with blonde hair in a high bun. Thank you for being sweet and dealing with my difficult order with no complaints. Now for the food. My girlfriend got the half order of regular oysters which she loved. We also started with the NOLA Seafood Balls. Absolute best we’ve had so far. She decided on the Half and Half PoBoy; she chose Crawfish and Shrimp. I went for the Seafood platter; subbed my oysters out for extra shrimp, subbed my regular fries for sweet potato fries, and I went for grilled instead of fried. Everything was full of flavor! We will definitely be going back. We have absolutely no complaints.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you Kristyn! We are so happy you enjoyed the service and all the food! We loved to hear your flavorful high praise and we are looking forward to seeing you and your friend again!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Went with family for lunch in restaurant week it was great food and selection on a set menu .because 2 of the children were young we only purchase one meal which we said we would split. The staff were kind enough to do this for us so each child got there own meal . The gumbo I had was very big, and good . All together it was a great meal ,atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you Gale! We love to hear that you and your family were well taken care of ! Our goal is to always provide a friendly atmosphere that everyone can enjoy! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!