“Good experience ”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here before with guests from outside of Houston. We wanted our granddaughter to see the atmosphere. We ordered mostly salads and seafood. The food was very good especially the fish tacos and the redfish. This is a good family fun eating place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Took nephew and his family along with my daughter and her family. Kids loved it and the food, service and Rainforest were great.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I thought the food was really good. I also enjoyed the atmosphere. My son and daughter got the fajitas and they said they where really good, I know they looked good. I would recommend eating here.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

A relative picked this restaurant for a birthday celebration, and I wasn't expecting a theme restaurant to be great, but I was pleasantly surprised. Downsides: crowded and noisy. Half our group was in one area, in a booth, and the other half was at a nearby table, which was divisive. Service was a little slow, but, given the number of guests, that was understandable. My biggest surprise, though, was the food, which was remarkably good. I ordered off a special menu insert--grilled tilapia, chicken with a very good sauce, sweet potato fries, ceviche. At $26.99, more than I would usually pay for an entree, but it was worth the price. Frozen margarita was rather expensive, but it was large and lasted the meal. It was a birthday celebration, so each table had a volcano cake--I am not a sweet lover, so did not eat any, but the presentation was really cute. I wouldn't seek this restaurant out because it's appeal seems to be to families with children, and I would prefer a quieter venue, but I am sure children love Rainforest Cafe.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This is a theme restaurant. Rainforest. Good for 5 to 13 year olds with rich parents. The food is so-so but they are very proud of it. Regular short blackouts and thunder and lightening is cute but scared our 2 year old. He also wasn't keen on the animatronic gorillas and monkeys. They were well done though. They did have very nice big fish tanks. The gift shop is nicely done with cute stuff.