“Fun outdoor seating”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #15 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and found a good variety of seafood . Service was good and timely. Outdoor seating offers a nice view of the harbour and a sailing ship next door. They have parking out front and will validate for 3 hours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is very good it's a little upscale the food is excellent and the staff does a great job it has a nice view of the Bay they have a very good happy hour I would recommend it it's worth the trip

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the last meal of a three-day mini vacation and we wanted to get one last fresh seafood fix. It was quite the fiasco trying to get to the parking area with all the cruise ships next door loading. You have to pay to park but the restaurant will validate it if your bring in your ticket. We had not and parked at the far end. Rustic on the outside with typical seafood restaurant decor and many levels for seating and views of the harbor. The restaurant was 2/3 full on this Sunday afternoon and we were asked where we would like to sit. With the not-so-typical cooler weather, we opted to eat out on the lower deck nearest the water, with the cruise ships in port and the historic ship Elissa. The view was wonderful.

Our waiter was DJ and arrived promptly with the menu and took our drink order. There is no lunch menu. Just one menu - dinner. He returned with hubby's soda and some tasty seasoned rolls served in a foil pouch. I had to wait a while for the Bloody Mary. It was tall, not too much ice and mixed perfectly! Best Bloody Mary I have had in a long time. DJ advised us about the daily special. I was tempted to order the Lobster Fondue but was craving a lot of Shrimp. We both opted for the Shrimp Combo. The meal took some time. Dj was sparse, but I managed to order another drink while waiting for our meal. I overheard the gentleman with his lady at the table behind us. He was telling her he couldn't find any crab or lobster. He ordered the Fondue I considered. It appeared as an appetizer - a small amount in a large bowel and I couldn't see any lumps to indicate seafood. I was glad I didn't order it.

Our meal, the Shrimp Combo, is served four ways: bacon-wrapped, fried, grilled & sautéed in Dijon cream sauce, with vegetables over rice pilaf. When it finally arrived, I was stunned. I even ask him - Are they kidding? The ELEVEN Shrimp were tiny! (Not even a dozen?!) If you know your Shrimp sizes - They ranged from medium (41/50 per lb to small 51/60 lb). He offered to get me a new plate but I declined as we already waited long. I am a Shrimp lover and am easily pleased by most preparations. This was not the case today.

The tiniest were the grilled, tough and tasteless. The bacon wrapped were devoid of cheese and so small that they were one bite and your mouth was not full. The breading on the fried was blah, but the hint of Dijon cream sauce on the sauteed was tasty - when I could find it. No other sauces - like tartar or drawn butter. The rice had no flavor what so ever and I hardly touched it. The vegetables consisted of 2 half-moon slices of zucchini, yellow squash and onion each. All was lukewarm and the zucchini tasted rotten - I HAD to spit it out. Hubby's was identical. Very disappointing. No Shrimp fix today... I sooo wanted to like this meal!

We waited long for the check. A floor manager came by and asked about our meal. I halfheartedly answered "ok" and she inquired if there was a problem. I was honest and told her the Shrimp were tiny. She then grilled me as to "as compared to what? As to other restaurants in the area?" I said - yes. "Oh so you ate around town... like where did you eat?" I told her we ate many places and none had Shrimp this tiny. Benno's, Gaido's and Miller's Landing to name a few. (Yes, we love our Shrimp!) She said she would pass that on to management and left. Okkkkk.

I think this was a tourist trap for the cruisers. I don't say that often, but at those prices I expected better food - especially right on the Gulf of Mexico!! I just discovered on their website they are Landry owned. That explains it. I have had portion and flavor issues with several of their establishments around Houston over the years. At one time they used to be good... just another chain now.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Oysters are good. Rest of the food way too salty. Also the A/C is way too cold in the main dining area.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We had a great table on the deck,with a great waterside view.
Food was good,service was efficient and friendly.
This is a big restaurant,so it should be easy to get a table.
Recommended.