“Great lunch again!”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Once again, a visit to Galveston's Shrimp & Stuff is a success. I ordered my usual - coconut shrimp -which was as delicious as I expected. The cole slaw, which I have come to expect to have a hint of horseradish, was too bland. I tried the spicy boiled red potatoes and they were, well, boiled potatoes but with a whisper of spice. The coconut shrimp were the savior of this otherwise mediocre lunch. Would I go back? Yes, for those amazing shrimp, but not for any of the side dishes. They seem to have lost - or maybe never found - their way to awesome sides.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 28 October 2018

My wife and I went there based on a recommendation from the hotel staff. The food was well prepared and the staff was friendly and patient. The food is reasonably priced and is quickly prepared. You order at the counter and the give you a buzzer to indicate when your food is ready to pick up at the second counter. We had a good experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We had some tasty fried food tonight. We have 7 in our family so were able to try a lot of the items.

The kids had popcorn shrimp & fried catfish. They liked both but the catfish more. The kids did not care much for the hushpuppies. I thought they were ok but not the best I'd ever had.

My wife had the stuffed shrimp & I had a taste. These were good - better than the regular fried shrimp.

I had the fried shrimp & fried oysters. The fried shrimp were so-so but good with the malt vinegar. The oysters were much better - lots of flavor. I felt a hard spot & thought I was getting some shell but it was an ugly little pearl about the size of two BBs. BONUS!!!

We had a nice visit with a retired couple that were going on a cruise the next day. Fun restaurant.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

This is a great small restaurant that has been around for a long time. The food is delicious and it is a great place to people watch. We have been going there for years and it has delicious every single time. We like this location better than the new one.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Rustic building and an interesting decor with tasty counter ordered foods go a long way in making a good restaurant. However, lack of service turned what would otherwise have been a very nice dining event into an unpleasant outing. I am not talking table service here , because this is counter service. I am talking standing at the counter for about 7-8 minutes waiting for someone to take our order. We can and will do without this place on future trips.

1  Thank dkennedy1949