“Mostly good ”
Review of Fish Tales

Fish Tales
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Tales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Chose this place for our seafood fix. Never have been here before but the sea wall was full of people so we thought this place would work. Started off with a 45 minute wait. Got a pretty good Margarita at the bar to tide me over. The restaurant is large and the atmosphere is fun along with the fact that you are looking out to the gulf. Service is good and friendly. I had the fried shrimp and my wife had the grilled shrimp. I really liked mine and my wife was pretty satisfied with hers. Two others in our party had the shrimp gumbo. Neither was really impressed with their gumbo. One said hers was a little too spicy. The other said it wasn’t spicy enough. All in all, it was a pretty good visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We come to Galveston all the time and had not eaten here so gave it a try. The hostess was sweet and a very helpful young lady. Our waiter was nice enough but passed us by to wait on table that came in after us. The fish was good was but under seasoned for my taste. I hope this was just a bad night but my shrimp was not good. Tasted ok but was rubbery and I did not eat. Sorry but will not go there again

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Restaurant was very nice the food was really good wait staff was very helpful there’s parking next to it cost $10 to park but they can validate your ticket if you eat at the restaurant so just park there that way you don’t have to find parking anywhere else it’s right across from the pier looks like a lot of fun food was really good and everything was nice and would recommend friends and family

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I was skeptical of this restaurant when it was first suggested to me about 6 years ago but I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food and the wait staff on my initial visit. I eat here every time I am in town, which is at least once a year and have never had a bad meal. I also enjoy the ice cream shop near the main entrance! I also like how it is directly across from the pleasure peer. This is a great place to eat and relax!

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

A friend & I had dinner on the upper deck after a long day at a conference. Waitress Katlyn was attentive & polite. Both of us enjoyed our entrees, but I was very pleased with my grilled redfish with pilaf & steamed veggies.