“The Mosquito Cafe is the BEST!”
Review of Mosquito Cafe

Mosquito Cafe
Ranked #6 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Spending New Year's Eve in Galveston meant a welcome chance to eat at the Mosquito Cafe again!
Two years ago I ate there and was so happy with everything that I knew I wanted to go again this trip!
Today I had the Turkey Chili Bowl!
Turkey Chili over brown rice and beans with a wonderful cornmeal middle! Mmmm good!
The breakfast items, burgers, appetizers, entrees and desserts are all very very good and actually the whole menu, so it can be hard to decide!
The entire staff is pleasant, helpful, and attentive!
The Queen Mosquito even offered to refill my tea and helped me feel especially welcome!
I most definitely recommend the MOSQUITO CAFE!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Friends who visited Galveston Island frequently told us about this amazing breakfast (and lunch) place. We went there on Saturday morning of New Year's weekend. The weather was cold and wet, but the place was packed. The menu was extensive including specials. The four of us had different choices. I had their "Almost Reuben" which was better than most true Reuben sandwiches I've had--and I try Reubens everywhere I travel. The bread and baked goods come from a bakery across the street called Patty Cakes Bakery. We will definitely return when we are next in Galveston Island.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I make a point to eat here every time I am in Galveston. The Hot Brown sandwich was very good and the baked potato soup really hit the spot.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Breakfast was out of this world. You must try the corned beef hash tacos with a side of cheesy grits. Yum! Will definitely return!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came to Galveston Island for the holidays and looking for a breakfast place. We were pointed to this quaint restaurant. Most of the food was your standard fare but two dishes stand out. The corned beef tacos were delicious and so was the cranberry muffin. I would highly recommend for a breakfast place, prices were reasonable and service was quite good.