“Great family meal”

Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tucked away in the thick of seafood restaurants, you will find all the romance, fun and tradition of Italy with a Texas-size seaside view to compliment the richness of Mario's Seawall's pastas and pizzas. Experience authentic Italian cuisine at its finest, in Galveston's oldest Italian restaurant.
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Our family of ten went here spur of the moment without a reservation. We waited around one hour. This was not bad at all for a Saturday night. The food was great. If you have never tried calamari try it here, very tender light coating. My son-in- law got the calzone, it was huge, two people could share. The red sauce was house made. Four people in our group shared a pizza. We will defiantly be back next time we cruise out of Galveston. They also serve desserts and ice cream. We did not have room super sad about that. Maybe next time we will order dessert first.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you Julie! We hope you and your family enjoyed the cruise! We are glad all of you enjoyed the food and we are very happy we could accommodate everyone! We'll see you next time your in Galveston, and we would love to hear from you after you try our delicious desserts, and of course, the Gelato!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We tried this because it was highly rated by Trip Advisor, and it was even better than we expected. It definitely deserves all 5 stars. My husband had lobster ravioli with the tomato sauce and I had the vegetarian calzone, with pepperoni added. Sounds ordinary, but the seasoning or the quality of the ingredients ... whatever the difference, the favors all combined to be extraordinary. The atmosphere was nice with view of the sea from most windows. The service was great, too. Ask for Rachael C. She was a very friendly and a great source of information for us. Also, there are other Mario's restaurants in town, with different owners. We don't know about the others, but the one with Seawall in it's name is great!!

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your food and service! We appreciate the great feedback and you taking the time to share your experience with us! We look forward to your next visit to Mario's Seawall !

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We went here for a late lunch/early dinner today. I ordered chicken piccata and my husband had their buffet. We both enjoyed our meals. Very tasty! We were served by a sweet young lady named Erin. She anticipated our needs and was very quick.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are glad you liked the chicken piccatta and your husband enjoyed his buffet! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

My wife really enjoyed her food. I had spaghetti and sausage. The sausage was "made in house". I did not like it. I much prefer the sausage in other Italian restaurants. The service was excellent.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback Charles. We are glad you and your wife decided to come visit us and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are glad your wife enjoyed her food and you both enjoyed the service. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This was the best seafood Italian restaurant anywhere! My waitress Rachael was amazing! My husband and I go to a lot of restaurant and the service from Rachael was exemplary! She was awesome! I don’t usually write review; actually this is my first one; but this service From Rachael was so amazing!! The food is magnificent also! I recommend the food and the service wholeheartedly!!

Thank you so much for your great review! We are very happy you enjoyed your visit with us and that you were well taken care of! We would love for you and your husband come see us again!