“Our New Favorite Restaurant!”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the most amazing meal at Gaido’s! The food, service, and atmosphere was wonderful. It was our first time there, and we can’t wait to go back! We had red snapper, crab cakes, shrimp and oyster, that were all the best we’ve ever had and I’m not exaggerating!Our waiter, Dave, was so personable - attentive and knowledgeable. The wine he suggested paired beautifully with our meal, and he even wrote down the name of it so I could remember it for my future visits. And, we sure appreciated him taking the time to take our picture, as it was our anniversary! In fact, he surprised us with a piece of chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert. One more thing I appreciated about Gaido’s was that the place wasn’t too cold. I can’t tell you how many times we go the restaurants and we are freezing! Nothing is worse than spending hard earned money and having to go to the car and get our sweaters. Often the excuse the staff gives us that the temperature has to please the staff, not the customers. It was comfortable, not hot , not cold. Also, the music was soothing, not loud. Sometimes we go to places where we struggle to hear each other talk! Thank you, Gaido’s and Dave for providing us with a memorable meal with top notch service!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,299)

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I had the baked oysters with a couple of oysters brochette and fried oysters. YUM! Service was excellent also.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went for my Birthday supper and had fabulous service from Sally and great food!! Loved it all! We had the Oysters Maria and calamari to start followed by seafood! I had the blackened scallops that were amazing!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Started with biggest Cesar salad I’ve ever seen, and warm bread to dip in oil and fresh herbs. My spouse had grilled scallops with wonderful grilled tomatoes with cheese. I had grilled mahi-mahi, scallops and shrimp with asparagus. Everything was delicious except the shrimp was a little over done and too spicy. Wonder if they got swapped with blackened.

1  Thank Terri J
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch. Really awesome redfish with rice and grilled veggies, which were seasoned well and cooked enough. Nice view. Fun server - Josh.