“Dinner at Gaido's”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed 8 February 2018

There is not a better place for Seafood. The food is excellent with exceptional service. We are planning a family Valentines dinner the 14th and we will definitely ask for CRISANA to be our server.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,364)

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We ate here when I was a kid. Turning 65 in a few days. Never a bad meal. Friendly service with very nice view of the gulf.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Joe was very professional as he took my reservation over the phone. The table was ready as promised=A+
Our server David greeted us with a big smile and made us feel welcome and right at home. I had forgotten to tell David that I did not want rice in the gumbo and he took care of it right away. Please commend both Joe and David for me as they are excellent employees with good teamwork!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Have to eat at Gaido's on each trip to Galveston. I have been doing this for 35 years now. The latest was one of my best visits to the location. Our waiter was Crisana. This young lady was very helpful directing us through the menu and helped us to order a very tasty meal that was consumed with great gusto, our bottle of wine from the wine list was also outstanding. $$$$ but worth it, enjoy.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

On a recent visit to Galveston, my family took me out to celebrate my birthday. We had a very nice dinner...I had shrimp and everyone else had the red snapper. Everyone enjoyed their meals but the nicest part was when the server realized it was my birthday she brought out a beautiful dish with a brownie and ice cream that had Happy Birthday written on it! Wonderful service and a wonderful birthday!