“I can see it at 2:00 am...”
Review of Pelican Joe's

Pelican Joe's
Ranked #210 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an interesting little restaurant. I can see how this would be the spot to hit after a night of partying at 2:00 in the morning. Its exactly what you'd want to soothe the alcohol saturated stomach. That said its not exactly what I'd call my first choice for dinner. The food was hot and flavorful. But IMHO it was average. Very average. So, if you are trying to wrestle down a next day hangover this is your spot. If youre looking for a dinner to remember maybe not so much.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We ate here on a Saturday afternoon. We were seated outside and really enjoyed the view. It is a good thing we enjoyed the view because we were there for 2.5 hours. I had read other reviews about the slow service and hoped they had fixed the problem, but they haven't. Our waiter was good and apologized several times that the kitchen was so slow. I counted and eight tables were being used. I walked back to use the restroom and I heard the manager or whoever he was, tell the hostess not to seat anyone else because they couldn't handle it. They definitely need to figure out how to handle it or they will find themselves out of business. The family next to us was very upset with the slow service and tracked down their waitress demanding their funnel cake to go.

We ordered Pelicans Wings which are full chicken wings. They are three for $10. Pricey in my opinion. My husband and I both ordered the beef briskets sandwiches and fries. The brisket was good, but the sandwich definitely had more bun than meat. The fries were very good. We ordered a fried pecan pie which again took a long time to receive. The waiter came by twice to apologize for the wait. It was very good.

I really hope they can get organized and not be so slow. I know that the owner used to run a food truck, so I can't imagine the service was so slow in it.

1  Thank Scout223
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have made a point to give them more than one chance. The food is good but they seem to run out and very early in the business day. Service has been ok at best on all three of our visits.

1  Thank Timothy S
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Rosa and Vito are awesome. Food great and good prices. Good times with wife and the girls. Definitely a gem on the strand.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Went by today during what may be (or not?) normal business hours: 5:57 pm. Closed. Bing has them open 11am to 10pm today. Their web site (Fb) has no hours listed on the home page, but on the menu says 11-1 lunch, 4-7 happy hour (during sports events - ?) TA (above) has no hours listed.
Not handicapped friendly. Elevator (at Strand St. entrance) not working, so a two-story walk up, then down the hall to a dark venue. That meant walking up and then down two flights of stairs.
When I got back to my car, my legs were in pain. I don't like that.
On the other hand, it looks (thru the window) like a very nice venue. I'll probably come back some day, if they get their hours straight and the elevator works.

3  Thank danny w