“DISAPPOINTING”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Had read that Star Drug Store was a place to stop and step back into time. Yes you stepped back in Time! Did not know it was actually open, but opened the door and was greeted, "only ice cream and shopping". I looked around expecting a turn of the century old fashion drug store with a soda fountain, but the counter did not look that vintage and the displays were not that impressive, and not quite sure what "shopping" there was. Would tell others not to waste their time!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch here. Such a fun location and decor. The food was excellent and the service was fast. I had the 7 salad sampler plate. Satisfied my desire to try everything at once.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

It's an interesting place. Kind of like a little museum and you get to eat lunch. The rueben sandwhich was one the best. The tomato soup was unusual, but really good. Fun lunch. Be sure to read the historical fact sheet on your table. Didn't try the desserts or ice cream, but looked good.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We arrived to the restaurant on a Saturday at 2:20pm and we couldn't even tell they were open due to their blinds being closed. We went in anyways and wanted to order breakfast but they already had breakfast items cleaned up even though they are suppose to serve breakfast until 3:00pm. We had to ask for our coffee to be refilled and then wait 15 minutes for them to make a new pot which they forget about and I had to get up and ask for more coffee, after I watched the pot set there for awhile. There were literally nothing but teenagers running the place playing on their phone and they started turning customers away at 2:50pm. I saw so many people get turned away its amazing that they close at 3:00 on a Saturday. We kept having to ask the cooks for things because the server never came by to check on us. It was actually kind of humiliating to be sitting there eating while they were literally closing the store around us and it wasn't even 3:00pm yet. I work at The Hotel Galvez and I use to recommend guest to this restaurant but I would be so embarrassed if a guest had the experience I had. No more recommendations from the Galvez front desk until customer service gets better.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

open for lunch only. soda bar in a "drug stoire" like way back when. Great ice cream, malts and burgers.