“Won't get bored while waiting for your food”
Review of Gypsy Joynt

Gypsy Joynt
Ranked #2 of 18 Quick Bites in Galveston
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This restaurant is very Bohemian. The “waitress” looked as though she just stepped out of a 60s movie. I say “waitress,” because you order at a counter and she brings you the food. You even have to bus your own table, but, somehow, we didn't mind. Lots of different things to look at while you wait for your food. I had the ½ sandwich and soup – pulled pork (which needed a little more umpph in the BBQ sauce-not sure what. I guess I expected it to be a bit tangy) and chicken pot pie soup, which was good, but the salt content was overpowering by the time I was halfway through, which is the only reason I gave this place a 4 instead of a 5. My husband is Vegan and he had some vegetable dish with rice and a lentil patty, which he enjoyed.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Had lunch here prior to getting on a cruise ship. Ordered chicken quesadillas,biscuits and egg, Mac n' cheese, tacos. We had so much food for 5 people that my daughter took home half of it. Food was very good and atmosphere is unique. Order at the counter and they serve you at your table.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Had lunch with my husband and we both enjoyed poor meals. His blackened burger and my fish quesadilla were excellent. Both were made with fresh ingredients and were served. Can't wait to try other menu items.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I split the jerk burger with a lentil party and had the slaw. It was delicious. We took the yoshimo wings and Brussels home. The wings needed a sauce but my husband loved them and we both devoured the Brussels. We also took home their world famous brownie (yummy!) and what I was told was carrot cake. It actually was some sort of cranberry cake, with terrible icing and no carrot to be found. Maybe we are spoiled with my cakes but we had to throw it away, it was that bad. So stay away from that! :)

Reviewed 8 January 2018

A burger and sandwich shop on steroids. Great food, wonderful decor. Dropped one star because it's order at the counter, bus your own table [good grief, do they think they're a high school cafeteria?].

2  Thank danny w