“So good ”
Review of Gypsy Joynt

Gypsy Joynt
Ranked #25 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I split the jerk burger with a lentil party and had the slaw. It was delicious. We took the yoshimo wings and Brussels home. The wings needed a sauce but my husband loved them and we both devoured the Brussels. We also took home their world famous brownie (yummy!) and what I was told was carrot cake. It actually was some sort of cranberry cake, with terrible icing and no carrot to be found. Maybe we are spoiled with my cakes but we had to throw it away, it was that bad. So stay away from that! :)

Reviewed 8 January 2018

A burger and sandwich shop on steroids. Great food, wonderful decor. Dropped one star because it's order at the counter, bus your own table [good grief, do they think they're a high school cafeteria?].

2  Thank danny w
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We love coming to this joint for lunch and dinner. That have the best pizza I have had in a long time.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Close to The Strand and the Galveston port is this great gem on the island. From the roasted Brussels sprouts with a spicy sauce and Parmesan, to the burgers and sandwiches on focaccia, a very unique hash that was phenomenal, and, in what I ordered, a muffuletta pizza—yum—you do not want to miss this great place.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I decided to bring an out of town guest to this eclectic, funky eatery and he was amazed by the decor, service, music selection and old school video games. But most of all - the food. He ordered the Muffelatta with a kale cabbage slaw side while I opted for a half bowl of the potato ham soup and half of an Al Capone sandwich and each of our orders was delivered hot and were absolutely delicious. I don't remember that they had beer on my last visit so it was a nice surprise to see GIB Tiki Wheat on the menu.