“Girls Weekend ”

Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina
Ranked #42 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This place was just okay. We got a new waiter I think and he may have been overwhelmed with 7 people and other tables. Many items came out wrong and some appetizers never came at all. Portions are hardy so probably good to share unless you’re really hungry. Rice is great and so are the bacon wrapped chicken

1  Thank pooka324
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for bringing the details of your visit to our attention. I think we may have been in contact with another person in your party. We appreciate our diners' input so we can continually improve the dining experience and we hope that you'll come see us again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The food is outstanding and well seasoned, a great balance of flavors. The service was friendly, fast and informative. They take care of their customers.

Date of visit: October 2017
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you so much, Vickie, for the excellent rating! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We went in to Taquilo's on a double date and ordered the Family Fajitas. It was SO much food! We all ate at the table, and had left overs for each couple to take home! Happy Hour Margaritas were a great addition to a yummy, budget friendly night out!

Date of visit: October 2017
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much Angie, for the great review. We're so glad you and your group enjoyed an evening of fajitas and margaritas with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this place last night with 2 kids. We don't eat Mexican a lot so needed a bit of help ordering. Our waiter was super helpful and friendly and got the food made to suit us. Food was amazing and the frozen mango margarita was to die for!

Date of visit: October 2017
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much, Charlotte, for this excellent review! We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your visit with us and your server could help with ordering just want you needed. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

My family decided to pop in to this place after getting a recommendation from a local shop owner. We were popping in to get a light meal to hold us over until dinner as we had just visited the shrimp festival on the strand and weren't too horribly hungry. With that said, my husband and daughter ordered and split a taco plate. When the waitress came to me, I told her I wanted a regular queso and regular order of chicken besos. The food took quite awhile to get but our waitress made sure to keep our drinks full, she gave great service. But then came the entrees.. My order of besos were brought out and it was an order of shrimp besos, I ordered chicken. No big deal, the waitress said she had it right and the kitchen got it wrong.. so awhile later my correct order came out but it was a large. I only ate a few of them with my queso and my husband had a couple himself... we only ate 6 as ordered and informed our waitress when we got the bill that she charged us for both the large queso and besos. That was roughly $10 more then the regular size that I ordered added to my bill. She said that is what she wrote down..large. I felt like it was a tactic to overcharge. She fixed the bill but it left a really bad taste in my mouth about going back. Sad too as the food was good enough to visit again.. We shall see what our future holds and if we decide to give it another try. So my opinion, food is good but watch your ticket.

Date of visit: September 2017