“great food, convenient”

CrushCraft
Ranked #457 of 3,898 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on Saturday night for a quick dinner before heading to the DSO. Order at counter, p/u you meal when name called. We had pad thai, drunken noodles, and tom ka ghai soup. All were excellent except for the soup (which had great flavor but it was only broth!).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Unusual Thai food, delicious and interesting. Highly recommended! Don’t bother with pad Thai. Music from next door taco place was horrid.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Crushcraft, located in the historic Quadrangle retail complex, is a great Thai restaurant, and one of the best food spots in Uptown. To underscore this point, the restaurant is soon to be featured on Food Network's-Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

I work in the area, so when a craving for Thai hits, Crushcraft fills my need. Tonight I had the Phat Thai, combining chicken+tofu, thin rice noodles, bean sprouts, chives, radish, red onions, toasted peanut topping, carrots and red cabbage garnish, with a lime accent. I also added vegetarian spring roll bites with peanut dipping sauce to my meal.

The Phat Thai skillfully combines an array of veggies, chicken and Thai flavors. If you want a fun spot for lunch or dinner, try Crushcraft!
Glenn Almack

Reviewed 27 March 2018

There are tons of great Thai places in Dallas. And elbowing their way near the top is Crushcraft. I had seen Guy from DDD doing a segment here and I generally like places he features (i.e., Pecan Lodge and Mable and Motor). So when I saw the review of Crushcraft I decided to give it a try. First, while the place has a nice, casual feel about it, it's located in a nice part of town but with TERRIBLE parking! So maybe you want to park a ways off and use one of the thousand or more damn rental bicycles that now litter Dallas streets everywhere you look! But that is another story for another day. But assuming you can find a place to park, Crushcraft is a counter service place that seemed to do almost as much take out as they did sit down. Tables both inside and outside (the one I landed at was REALLY sticky! So I put some paper towels down to get from getting fly-trapped there all afternoon. Truthfully, the menu was a lot to read and you had to do so while in line. If you weren't ready when the next cashier was ready to take your order, it was either step up and hope for the best or let the folks behind you go first. I figure this place is one where regulars go alot and probably know the menu well. But for a newbee the pressure was high to get it right. So I fell back on something that looked familiar. It was not Pad Thai, but it was close enough. Then I ordered the spring rolls too. Now, the spring rolls were world class. As as the sweet sauce that came with it. But I like peanut sauce with my spring rolls so I went and asked for some. What I got was not a sauce at all, but a paste. Way more like peanut butter than a sauce. Anyway, that was a minor set back. The Pad dish was delicious. A bit spicy but not too much to handle. Oh, and while the place was super crowded when we got there at 12:15, by 1:00 it was empty. Would I go back? If I was in the area and didn't know where else to go, yes? But with so many options in that area I would probably try something else next time. And again, given the Thai places in Dallas, I can get my fix somewhere that is a little more chill.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Had the meatballs as appetizer and they were very tasty. The drunken noodles were good. I got medium spicy and it was spicy. Fun atmosphere. Casual, paper bowls and plastic forks. $12 for meatballs and drunken noodles.

Been to CrushCraft? Share your experiences!