All reviewsknife restaurantexhale spamockingbird stationhighland parkvisiting smugreat hotelroom servicekaty trailbush librarynorthpark mallvalet parkinginfinity poolboutique hotelcorner roompark citieswould stay here againcar service
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I travel to Dallas monthly for business and The Highland has become my hotel of choice. The front-of-house service is outstanding, from valet to front desk staff. I'm greeted with a smile and by name. Additionally, I travel with my emotional support dog, and the hotel has been more than welcoming. (Note: Due to health reasons, only service animals - not ESAs - are allowed at Knife, but that's the law and I'm cool with that.)

Let's talk about Knife for a bit. While the steaks are pricey, there are plenty of menu items that fit a budget-conscious expense account and the wait staff and bartenders are more than accommodating. The wine list also has a selection of good, budget-conscious wines for those who cannot expense alcohol. And while I frequent the bar, I must say that the room service menu is really good and reasonably priced. If I didn't want to be stuck in my room for a week, I would definitely be doing room service more often.

The rooms are well-designed, with decent lighting and bathrobes. The TVs are huge. And if you're lucky enough to get one of the rooms with a blue velvet sofa, take a photo! The amenities are nice, particularly now that the packaging has moved to snap-caps instead of screw-on caps. Beds and pillows are quite comfortable.

Back to the pets. If you are traveling to Dallas, you can't get any better for your precious dog than The Highland. Be sure to ask for either Edgar or Michael for daily walks. I tip $5 per walk, which is well worth it. They'll even leave you a note or catch you when you return to the hotel to let you know whether your pup did his/her business.

Net-net: Great property, staff that genuinely cares, pet-friendly to the max.

Room Tip: Avoid a room ending in 17 - very small, odd layout.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Jared W, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear YazBeanSaysMeow,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to learn that both you and your four legged friend thoroughly enjoyed the experience at our phenomenal property. The Highland is fortunate to have such a dedicated group of staff who truly enjoy providing guests with a memorable stay with fantastic guest service.

We will look forward to welcoming both of you back soon! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2018

All of the staff at this hotel, from parking to desk agents, to restaurant staff are very well trained to go above and beyond to make your visit a pleasurable one. Conveniently located a few miles north of downtown between the Park Cities and Lakewood areas of Dallas. Bring your appetite...the restaurant is not one to miss!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear stalwa,

Thank you for being our guest. The front desk team appreciates your kudos and are glad that you recognized their outstanding service that they work so hard to provide. You are correct that our location is extremely convent, allowing quick access to all areas of Dallas is a major plus.

I hope to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please keep us in mind for any future Dallas trips.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

I travel a great deal. It’s especially nice when I’m away from home and the hotel is first class in every way. Staff incredibly helpful. Restaurant is to die for (steaks and bacon sampler are a must). If you have the chance to stay here, you will definitely feel you are an important guest!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Jared W, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear geraldh211,

Thank you for staying and dinning with us. We are all very excited to read that you had a first class experience at both the hotel and our restaurant Knife. You are correct that the steak and bacon sampler are out of this world!

Please continue to choose the Highland for your future Dallas trips. I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel at a reasonable rate as recommended for a wedding and was so pleased with our stay. It’s an older property that has been transformed into a very stylish and hip place with a great staff that understands hospitality. Our welcome was warm and efficient. The room was well-appointed, quiet and comfy. The wedding reception held in one of the ballrooms could not have been nicer thanks to the facility, waitstaff and watchful eye of the event coordinator. Plus, the Sunday continental breakfast provided by the bridal family for guests was nicely presented and tasty—a surprise end to a weekend’s lodging that exceeded all expectations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jared W, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear CBS-CHS,

Thank you for choosing the Highland. The team is happy to read that you enjoyed the wedding celebration at our incredible property. We are fortunate to have a special group of dedicated guest service professionals who truly enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.

We hope you will continue to consider the Highland as your home in Dallas. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We had a great experience. Loved location. Hotel clean and the staff very friendly. I would definitely go back. We did not use the gym but it looked great. Bar was perfectly nice, lobby clean and fresh

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear lawimlerding,

Thank you for choosing the Highland Dallas. We are pleased to read that you found the experience at our property enjoyable and that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer. The housekeeping team appreciates your comments on our clean lobby!

Please come back to stay with us soon. Contact me directly if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Thanks,