“Not Bad At All”

Ranked #24 of 295 Restaurants in College Station
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We haven't been here in about 7 years and were pleasantly surprised at how much better the food was. The ribs were succulent and fall off the bone. The pork chop was a bit chewy but flavorful. The BlackBerry cobbler would make your mouth water. Prices aren't cheap so plan on paying premium prices for the bbq. Service is just average and little to no interaction between customers and the non smiling staff.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Visited in late afternoon on a Wednesday....metal tables with rolls of paper towels on each...you know by that it will be good! Cafeteria style. Loved the beef and brisket and turkey...good fried okra and ranch potatoes. We got some take out for later all was so good.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Really good straight up barbecue. I love the jalapeño sausage. They make a great pork chop. Ribs are great. Good sides.

If you get there early for lunch you can get yesterday’s meat for half price and it still always tastes great.

My 5 yr old loves it too.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Am in College Station and was looking forward to having some good Texas BBQ. Unfortunately I was disappointed.

Drove over to C&J barbeque which was just few miles away. I walked in a and it smelled really good. I reviewed the menu on the wall and decided on the 2 meat plate which was 2 meats (except chicken because they have to weigh the chicken piece) and 2 sides. I went with the brisket and ribs for the meats and the creamy cole slaw and the mac & and cheese for the sides. They also ask you if you want bread with your barbeque.

All portions were good sized. They also have an area where you can get pickles, onion slices and jalapeño slices as well as other condiments and BBQ sauce.

The ribs were big, meaty and moist. The mac & cheese was creamy and cheesy. After that it went downhill. The creamy cole slaw was very bland and the brisket was very dry. I did not finish either of those selections.

I may have made a bad decision on some of my selections, but it is what I selected so that is all I can go by.

Based on that I was disappointed in my meal, but I won't give up on Texas barbeque. I have had better and I know that there is better in the College Station area.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This place was "as advertised" on Trip Advisor! Our family enjoyed going here on Saturday night after the football game. Don't let the "cafeteria style" fool you--the food is good and fresh. The owner was so friendly and welcoming! Good brisket, good turkey, and some good sides to choose from (fried okra was a hit!).