All reviews private hot tub b bs our home away from home get away hill country star room resident cat garden room breakfast was delicious wonderful hosts dietary needs the main house electric fireplace feeding deer cool breeze anniversary weekend perfect weekend
Reviewed 27 July 2018

My husband and I stayed at Equinox Inn to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. From the time we checked in until the time we left, it was the perfect weekend. We stayed in the Garden Room. Upon arrival Darrin was extremely warm and welcoming. I had purchased the chocolate covered strawberries and Darrin was generous enough to add some chocolate covered grapes and wine. My husband and I enjoyed these treats before heading to New Braunfels for the evening. Breakfast on Saturday morning was delicious as we sat on the patio and watched all of the deer in the backyard and chatted with some of the other guests. Saturday afternoon we rented jet skis and went paddleboarding. There is a boat ramp less than 2 miles from the B&B and it has ideal conditions for paddleboarding. Calm waters, beautiful sites, and not crowded. Saturday evening we returned to New Braunfels dinner. It is a short drive with a lot of good dinner options. Sunday morning we had another delicious breakfast before checking out. We had the perfect anniversary weekend and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Darrin-Co-Owner, Owner at Equinox Inn at Biscuit Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Christine,

We're so glad you chose Equinox Inn and Canyon Lake area to celebrate your anniversary! It's such a central location to different activities! And the fact that you got to try a new adventure with the paddleboarding! I'm not sure I could do that!!

Thank you for again for staying with us! And again, Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Darrin and Keith were very gracious and friendly. They made me feel as if their home was my own. I stayed in the Garden room and loved having my own hot tub. The snacks and the porch refrigerator stocked with drinks was a nice touch. Darrin's breakfast were very good and included dessert. I can't wait to schedule another visit.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Darrin-Co-Owner, Owner at Equinox Inn at Biscuit Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Michele.

Keith and I thoroughly enjoyed having you here! Sometimes it can be a challenge traveling alone, yet it looked like you had a nice balance of visiting with others (and us),and still have the quiet time to catch up on reading on your balcony or just relaxing in the porch rocking chair or gazing at the stars while soaking in your hot tub!! We look forward to your next visit too- and it looks like you've already scheduled it!! Woohoo!

Until the next visit...

Darrin & Keith

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We had an amazing time! Keith and Darrin were outstanding hosts. Our suite was so comfortable, with a private hot tub right outside -- and a comfortable bed inside -- for rest and relaxation. There were wonderful breakfasts outdoors each morning, with wandering deer steps away to keep us company. We're already trying to figure out when we'll be returning!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

We're so glad you had a relaxing time here! Our goal is for this to be as comfortable as "your favorite cousin's house"! Our outdoor spaces are pretty special... and I still get excited about the deer wondering thru after all this time! We look forward to seeing you again soon, after all, each season presents different things to see!

Thanks again for choosing Equinox Inn, until next time!

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

In the area for a concert at Whitewater. Decided to stay last minute as it’s less than 5 Miles from the venue. Darren and her husband were great. Snacks, food and great hospitality. Cute property with deer grazing off the back deck. Loved our room with a super comfy iron bed. We will be back-

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jill,

I'm so glad that we had the prefect room for you on short notice! We enjoyed visiting with you the morning after the concert, and you gave us some great insights regarding Whitewater Amphitheater! We hope you will consider staying a little longer the next time you attend an event at Whitewater Amphitheater (or other local events)!

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Our anniversary is the 4th of July. This year we decided to spend it at our favorite B&B, the Equinox Inn at Biscuit Hill. This is our third or fourth stay there. We go back because if feels like home, without all the hassles and stress. Even though it rained, the people around the lake still shot-off a lot of fireworks. It was beautiful. As usual Darrin and Keith put together great breakfasts in the mornings. Darrin make the best stuffed French Toast. She and I watched Alice's fawn (unnamed at the time) in the front yard. She was about eight to ten feet away. They have a tremendous amount of deer there. We always sleep better there than in the city at home. All in all, a great stay and we are planning our next stay. We try to spend our spacial days there. Try it, you will like it.

Room Tip: Good value and a great area
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

We feel honored that you have found your home away from home here at Canyon Lake! Since your first visit here, we continue to find more things to talk about!!

Alice continues to be a good mother deer... and Biscuit is now nearly 4 months old! and has 3 cousins in the area! It's a wonder I get anything done- I get excited about watching the critters around here!

Can't wait to see you in the fall- we will so much to catch up on! Until then- enjoy the newest addition to the family!