“great walk and beautiful views of the lake”
Review of Potters Creek Park

Potters Creek Park
Ranked #6 of 31 things to do in Canyon Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Boardering Canyon Lake, this park offers many lakeside activities.
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Overlook Park and Potter's Creek Park is where we decided to drive around. We parked and started a walked up over to see the dam. It is very nice. The walk isn't bad at all and certainly worth it in my opinion. Over all the park is clean but there is that one litter bug that just has to ruin the scenery which is disheartening. I will certainly be back to this lovely place.

1  Thank buttercup2003
in 4 reviews
"water"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

My family of 5 use to to frequent this park along with 2 other trailers. The park was awesome until the latest flood. Upon getting to the gate on Friday morning to snag 3 spots the rude gate attendant with the white beard acted as if it was a hassle to let me see what they had available. During the stay he drove around and a couple of times got out of his LOUD truck to walk around to different camp sites which made it a little uncomfortable as to what he was doing. On r last night we had a nice fire and were listening to the radio at a very low volume he drove up in his LOUD truck that we could clearly hear over our music and yelled at us very rudely to it down. I don't think we will return for a while, he made it very unpleasant.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Really liked the location. Out looking over Canyon Lake was beautiful. We watched the sunset from here and it was gorgeous.

3  Thank elmomoss13
Reviewed 9 December 2014

We frequent Potter's Creek because it has a very nice park and the location is very good to visit many towns in a good radius. Their reservation service is lacking as I have never found it to be accurate but it is a good park.

4  Thank revleroy
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 October 2014

Camp host and park rangers were very friendly and helpful. Property fairly well maintained. Campsites are a little too close together. I would prefer not hearing my neighbors conversations when I am camping. Wildlife viewing was great! Maybe a little too great, as we had a number of skunks roam through our campsite numerous times in the evening hours. We were in the wooded area, so some of that is to be expected, but it was enough to make me think that they have a lot of skunks in that particular part of the campground. So if you want to avoid skunks, reserve in the non-wooded part of the park!

3  Thank TexasRaindancer