“BEST MUSEUM I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!”

Alcatraz East Crime Museum
Ranked #20 of 62 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Alcatraz East is a crime museum featuring an in depth look at American Crime History which includes artifacts from Alcatraz, but this is not a Museum dedicated solely to Alcatraz.Explore American History from a different perspective. Five unique galleries burrow deep into the studies of criminal intent, criminal profiles, the penal system, victims, crime prevention, forensic science, law enforcement and the Judiciary Branch of government. The museum is 25,000 square feet spread over 2 floors and includes over 100 interactives.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When my wife and I were planning a vacation to the Smokey Mountains, we saw this place online and were intrigued. My wife immediately wanted to go and I thought it would be cool to. We went back and forth on going because of the price but after we went we realized, THE PRICE IS WELL WORTH IT. There is a lot of reading and it is not to good to bring kids, but all the reading was very interesting. We spent about 4 hours and 30 mins here not because it will take you that long, but because we loved it so much. This is a place we highly recommend and is worth taking the time to come to. Know this place is about CRIME HISTORY and not all about ALCATRAZ. I believe if you love history, I think you will love this museum.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"rainy day"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you love anything CSI like I do then this place is for you!! My kids are 14 and 17 and we all love it. So much to see and learn! It took us almost 3 hours to see everything from beginning to end. Great place to be since it rain all day. There are lots of hands on exhibits and the kids might try their hands on besides movies and facts.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is a museum but it has pretty cool information in their exhibits. It is basically the history of crime. It's a dream for forensics majors or something along those lines or people who just want to learn and see things that are hardly around anymore like medieval torture devices, history on pirates, and history of westerns and things in the past 100 years as well. there are stair but not alot. I'd go back. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get through and read everything taking it all in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This museum is a lot of fun. There is a lot on display here. It is certainly worth the money. There are a lot of interactive displays which made things even more fun. My favorite thing was seeing the OJ chase Bronco on display.