3,285 results
All reviews bridge bar commerce street great location loss prevention bridgestone arena convention center the concierge lounge within walking distance corner room high floor honky tonks third floor country music hall of fame heart of downtown valet parking music city center two blocks
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Entrance of hotel was different apparently it was still under construction. But, first thing I noticed was the decor, There was a giant macramé light fixture in the entrance absolutely horrible looking. As well these knotted ropes at the check-in desk, apparently new but equally terrible looking in my opinion. However, there was a sitting area to the right of the desk and dining room called Fibs, it was apparently brand new, which was very comfortable it had a very pretty rich but comfortable and casual decor. Unfortunately, the restroom was under construction so you had to go to the third-floor.

Our room is on the 19th floor and a triangular shaped room. Very cool, large, floor to ceiling window that was a fantastic view of Nashville. The decor was ok, however there was this large neon green mural on the wall which completely did not go with the room or the hallway decor, I would think they’re going to be updating them I’m not sure, but it was very random.

The most annoying thing about the room which I believe needs to be rectified is there is no drawers to put your clothing. So if you are staying for more than a few days there is nowhere to unpack your things. We stayed there six days so it was super inconvenient I was trying to stay organized out of my suitcase. There was some sort of shelf thing in the closet but not very practical.

The bed was decent but for the money you are paying for the room I would expect a top-notch comfortable bed, pillows and bedding. The duvet was thin and wimpy not very cozy at all.

I will say the staff was very helpful and friendly. They were lacking a concierge for the duration of our stay except for the last day, he was actually fantastic and really hooked us up with a great restaurant. He also explain to us all the changes that were being made and that some things were just temporary.

I do want to mention I went to the gym every day there, which was very nice, clean tidy with good equipment and even had some fruit for you to take on your way out.

Overall I would recommend this hotel... it was a fantastic location walking distance to the downtown and I believe once all the renovations are done will be great.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Top class hotel, they did a free upgrade to top floor. Staff very helpful to get the electronic key working on my app. Room was a nice view and spotless. Lots of elevators, didn’t need to wait. Starbucks coffee free in the floor by the elevator

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance Hotel. A little disappointed that the hotel no longer has full room service. Our food came in a little plastic box. The employee Parker, that took our order, was Very friendly. He was so sweet as to offer to take me out for drinks after work. Although I appreciated the gesture, my husband did not. Parker was still very professional after my rejection and mentioned that I should leave a review for the hotel on TripAdvisor so that he may receive 50.00. So here I am... once again the hotel looks beautiful, aside from the room service let down. And I must say The Renaissance has some of the friendliest employees in Nashville TN.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Hands down one of the best hotel experiences ever! Such amazing beds we didn't want to get up! Rooms are nice, clean, updated and decorated with a funky Nashville flair. Good walking location to Music Row and downtown Nashville. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We visited Nashville for the first time in late October. The rate per room was very high but due to the central location we selected that for our family gathering. Check in was fine and we requested an "extra space" room which turned out to be a handicapped room with no tub. When we entered, with family, there was a white button by the door which someone pressed which set off an internal alarm of lights and screeches to alert handicapped people I guess. There was no way to turn off. I called front desk repeatedly and was put on hold. We left the room and got another room at a lower rate (after having to request same).

Beware of the sign in your room that if you want the linens changed before three days, you have to place it on your door. We didn't find that until second day. The first day they did NOT change out the room at all or refresh the bath.

The hotel is having renovations done on their better restaurant so the only option was the "Lil Fib" in the Lobby area. Have a buffet for $21 or off the menu with eggs for $14. Ordered off the menu which then took 20 minutes and the eggs were hard fried versus over easy. The coffee pot and coffee were cold and we had to request a new pot and cups of coffee. Do they try to steer you to the buffet for the extra $7??

The hotel is well decorated and new and The Bridge lounge is nice but very noisy is a lot of people in there.

When we got home I did respond to the hotel survey with my comments and received a rapid response from the Manager. Of course, he apologized and offered some extra Marriott reward points. That is fine but in the interim we did not have a great stay for the price. Did not check out other hotels before we went but will probably not select this one again.

But, do go and visit Nashville. Great town for good times.

Date of stay: October 2018