“Poor Service ”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I must say for a restaurant that receives as much hype as this one does, I am very disappointed in their service. I had to flag someone down to get a refill on my drink and after that everyone just ignores you even when you set an empty glass at the end o the table and at least 10 people look at it and walk away.

The quality of the food was not that impressive either. I doubt I would ever recommend this place to anyone. Value is not here in my opinion. I can get 2 T-bone steaks for what it cost for us to eat here.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited on a Tuesday morning around 8:30 a.m. and the wait was only 10 minutes. I was worried the bonuts would be over-hyped but they were amazing! Enjoyed the bonuts more so than the biscuit sandwich I ordered (S.E.C.). The grits were very good as was the chai latte. I would certainly return again on a day with a short wait.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent. This place is an absolute must when we are in town. We usually end up eating here on multiple occasions when in town. We have tried a number of different items – the East Nasty (fried chicken on a biscuit with cheese and sausage gravy), the Princess (hot chicken on a biscuit), the biscuits and gravy with kale, the Southern Benny and the French toast. All were very good. Make sure to get an order of Bonuts too. They are delicious. Unless you go early (like before 8:30am), you can expect to wait. The line stays full seemingly all morning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really good food! Portions are a little smaller but perfect size. If you are super hungry add a biscuit to the side. Also don’t let the line outside intimidate for it moves fast.

Standing in line-ok.
Giving order at hostess stand, a bit unusual but ok
Paying up front and asked for a tip, kind of like Golden Corral but at Golden Corral there are waitress' serving and refilling drinks, checking on you for any other needs. Absolute waste of 20%, no refills on coffee, self serve water, no waiter/waitress in entire room doing anything, never saw anyone other than clearing tables.
Biscuit with sliced thin ham layered, then with exactly enough gravy to cover just the biscuit, not a drop on the plate, then the scrambled eggs piled on top of that, not presented that way in the menu or at least I didn't see it. Food taste was ok but will not go back. Try Loveless Café for a Great breakfast with actual service.

1  Thank carrollgillespie