All reviewssmokehouse restaurantsmoked meatjacuzzi tubscreened in porchbasketball courtlodge cabinsribsrocking chairsclean roomscracker barrelbedroom cabinstaff was friendlyfireplacetennesseeuniversitypetaccommodations
Reviewed 30 April 2018

While not a fancy hotel, it is nonetheless quaint and comfortable. The attached restaurant provides an incredible country-style menu and buffet. It was also nice to park right in front if our door for a change rather than tromping through a lobby to take an elevator.

Stayed: April 2018
hamper1960, Owner at The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

DWyndal, thank you so much for your review and 4 star rating, we appreciate your business. Having the car right outside your door does have its advantages.
Come see us again when you can.
Thanks
JD

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Close, clean, comfortable and convenient! Large rooms, granite vanities, comfortable beds, and easy access to the University of the South. Just about 10 minutes to the main part of campus make this a wonderful option for visiting the school.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
hamper1960, Owner at The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Pretty Little Park, thank you so much for your 4 Star review and your positive comments about the Smoke House Lodge & Cabins. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you up on the Mountain again.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

So this is a budget hotel in small town Tennessee. I did not have high expectations, but my room did not meet even those expectations in one major area - it reeked of cigarette smoke. I had reserved a non-smoking room, so I was not expecting to need a filter to be able to breathe in my room. I probably could have asked to change rooms, but I thought it wouldn't bother me that much (I was wrong - still coughing two days later). Beyond that, there was a big hole in the window sheer, about the size of a softball, so there was no way to get privacy within my room without completely closing the window curtain.

Despite this, I'm rating this hotel as average for a couple reasons. (1) Its a budget hotel; you get what you pay for. (2) The staff and service were excellent and friendly. (3) For a budget hotel, it has some interesting amenities - live music, a quaint restaurant and store, outdoor seating areas, and even bicycles to borrow. (4) My room was clean and the beds were adequately comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Megan, so sorry about the smokey room smell, you must have gotten one of the last rooms available, which are the 5 smoking rooms we have (we keep them because we have request for smoking rooms most nights, and we put smokers there) so sorry and we apologize for this inconvenience; I hate smoking rooms too. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will take action to bring this room up to standards.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We were looking for a place to stay when we attended a PBS Underground concert at the Caverns. We found this online and knew it would either be good or horrid. Well, I must say it exceeded all of our expectations. Five of us stayed very comfortably in a two bedroom cabin that was clean and had everything you would want in a cabin in the woods (the fire pit and supplied wood were much appreciated). Every single employee we dealt with was friendly and helpful. The restaurant served great food at reasonable prices. The area is beautiful, we can’t wait to go down for another concert, but next time we will make sure to stay for a few days rather than one night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
hamper1960, Owner at The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

dm73154 thank you so much for your review, comments, and your business! We appreciate the input and glad to hear you had a good time at Bluegrass Underground The Caverns. Hope you can stay a few days next time.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Budget hotel ... yes. Great rates ... yes. But would I stay there again? No. IF (I emphasize, IF) the room had been cleaned, it was extremely lacking quality control. Trash (empty coffee packs) in the floor as well as dirt. Remote control and hotel book was finally found under bed (and ick is a good word). Cookie crumbs on bedspread. The tub was ... well, look at the picture. If it wouldn't have been so late and I was dead tired, I would have left. So I went to Dollar Store, bought Lysol, sprayed it everywhere I had to touch, only walked in room in shoes, slept in my clothes, and refused to take a shower. The bed actually slept comfortable and the AC/heat fan was constant so those were pluses. Staff was nice when I checked in and lobby cozy. Lots of potential at that locale. Maybe it was just my room ... and just my luck.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank myronb504
hamper1960, Owner at The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Myronb504, so sorry for these numerous errors in housekeeping and inspection; I can assure you that this is not up to our norm nor standards. Obviously you and we both got stiffed on that room being cleaned. So sorry, we apologize for all this. This unfortunately happens every once in a while, and it all goes back to inspection of the room by our staff after it has been cleaned and turned in by the housekeeper. Our fault, so sorry.