Villa Violeta Stunning Secluded Beachfront w/Chefs
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Francisco
See available hotels
3.7 km
#3 of 10 hotels in Sayulita
7.3 km
View Hotel
All reviewsfrisbee golf coursespectacular viewsgroup of friendsprivate beachcevicheeach mealeach morningegg dishesfresh fruit and juicesmagical placevacation spotsan panchominute drivemiradorcasitasfishingproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I spent 11 nights at Villa Violeta to celebrate a milestone birthday, and I can honestly say it was the most magical vacation of my life.

THE VILLA: Luxury isn’t quite the right word for it. I mean, the experience of being there is luxurious but it’s not because it’s some fancy & fawning resort. What it *is* is lovely, sweet, thoughtful, comfortable, rustic, ingenious, tasteful, incredible charming, Swiss Family Robinson meets understated, relaxed tropical resort. Lots of little rooms, beds, hammocks, sitting areas, and decks with stunning views. It’s huge, and spread out such that you can always find a quiet nook for a nap or a place to gather in twos, threes, or tens. The spacious-ness yet cozy-ness is one of the Villa's best features.

THE PROPERTY: Getting there is a trip – that jungle road is something else – but that only enhances the sense that you are realllllly away. When you arrive, it feels like Shangri La and, really, it is! Gorgeous views from pretty much everywhere. We saw flowers, hummingbirds, butterflies that we’d never seen before. Loved the mostly private beach with very crashy waves (mostly not swimmable, btw. Wade-able, yes.). The waves are LOUD – bring ear plugs! Oh, and you must like stairs! The stairs up and down to the beach are no joke, and make sure you have rubber soled sturdy shoes. You earn that delicious food (see below!).

THE ROOMS: The first half of my trip was girlfriends (nine of us) and everyone had their own bed, three in private rooms and six in semi-private or shared rooms. The second half of the trip was seven couples. Three couples had entirely private rooms, but four couples had only semi-private (a loft above another area, for example). I think five couples there would be perfect (but it was not a big deal at all to have some folks semi-private).

THE FOOD: We took advantage of the chef availability and enjoyed three totally yummy pescetarian/vegetarian meals a day prepared by Teresa or Exael every day. Chilaquilles, frijoladas, huevos rancheros, ceviche, whole snapper, cheese enchiladas mole, potato taquitos, smoked fish tacos, tostada salads, fresh fruit and juices, and so much more - alllll great, we loved every meal. Oh, and the beautiful table decorations each evening - Martin would gather flowers from the property and create a charming ambiance. If we do it again, we might do two meals a day (a late breakfast and then dinner) with some veggies, chips, and salsa in the afternoon. We ate very very well (maybe TOO well!) for an extremely reasonable price (about $30 per person per day, including most but not all alcohol).

TRANSPORTATION: Villa Violeta is indeed remote. I am so glad we did NOT get our own car. It stressed me out to not have a car at first (what if we need more wine?). Turned out to be a non-issue, honestly. The staff took care of all our needs. We hired a van to take us on excursions to San Pancho and Sayulita a few times but wouldn’t do that again. Oh, maybe one trip to San Pancho at sunset for dinner. That’s it. I’d skip going elsewhere. The villa is where most of us preferred to be.

THE SERVICE: I have never felt so taken care of as I did at Villa Violeta. One word: YESIKA. Yesika, Yesika, Yesika. She is kind, smart, accommodating, easygoing, and basically just damn good at her job. She takes care of everything you need without that fussy fake hospitality thing. It’s like your best friend is making sure you have a great time. And, the rest of the staff is equally wonderful. I already mentioned Teresa, Exael, and Martin (delightful!). I can’t fail to mention Lalo, part caretaker, part guy who appears on the beach with a cooler full of water, wine and beer exactly when you need it – oh yes. And, the housekeepers who put little flowers on the pillows. So sweet!

- The wifi ain’t great. That was GOOD in the end. It made all of us realize how much time we usually spend on stupid social media documenting the good time versus just having it. Also, we couldn’t really work! Crazy, and much needed.

- Be careful how much you drink! The stairs are everywhere and there aren’t rails all the time (I’d love a few more rails, but I have Stair Fear).

- The pool is so cool and refreshing. We swam under the stars every night before bed.

- They have a great game selection!

- And, a great movie selection…that we never took advantage of even once.

- It was hot and humid when we were there in early December. I guess it gets even more hot and humid at other times, which is hard to believe. I HATE hot and humid, but I was totally fine. Usually there was a breeze. And most of the rooms had fans that we definitely used. However, I am an idiot and brought way too much clothing. I basically needed a cotton sundress everyday. That is all.

- OH! They have hats for you to wear! We all wore them – and claimed our own hats for the week, basically. That was one of my favorite things there.

Okay that’s it. I love Villa Violeta. I’m headed back soon.

• Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank MrsAndiron
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Villa Viotela is pure magic to stay at. We are all still on a high from it.
From Peurta Vallarta you drive about an hour to the property. The last 15 minutes is a private road in that winds through the jungle.
Then it's the most gorgeous piece of beach, private cove, and ideal place to relax. The ocean water was about 70 degrees and there are many shady places in the cove for our kids to build sand castles and explore. Provided there for your enjoyment are: Sand toys, beach chairs, beach towels, snorkel gear, boogie boards... You don't have to bring any of that.
Our group of 12 people, ranging from 1.5 years old to 60 years old, didn't leave the property until it was time to go back to the airport four days later. There was no reason to leave in my opinion.
The staff is excellent. They can help arrange anything you need. One day some people went on a fishing excursion that was arranged by the staff, and then the chef grilled the fish that was caught that night for dinner. The boat comes right up to the beach and then drops you back off -- Again, there's no need to leave the private area.
We used a few of their great sitters to watch the kids. The staff serves lunch on the beach if you want -- fresh ceviche and coolers with beer and fresh juices. One night they built a huge bonfire in the sand at our request.
There are outdoor sleep / lounge areas and outdoor showers and a yoga deck and a private area for massages which are arranged by the staff....
The list goes on. There are bars throughout the property too -- so you can have cocktail hours at different decks... It's like having a fantasy island all to yourself. It was a special trip for all of us, and the property feels private and safe and calm and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Paz S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Villa Violeta hit all the high notes thanks to the surrounding views and "good vibes only" space.
Yesika & the team create a luxury "home away from home" atmosphere totally tailored to each of our asks/needs. The food was exquisite, all three meals a day, as was the service and vast activity list. I recommend an early morning hike followed by the incredible masseuse.
Planning next trip already! Miss you paradise - thank you vv!

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2015

This is truly a uniquely special property. It was perfectly suited for our group of 3 families. Because the casitas are separate, everyone had plenty of personal space but we joined together in the big house for dinners, movies and games. We ate like kings and spent everyday in the gorgeous pool overlooking the ocean. Then, you pack a snack (and beers) and head down to the beach (no car necessary here except to get into town but that is an easy taxi or car service) where we could spend hours with the kids. This is an ideal place for people with older kids that love to surf, hang out and explore. We will absolutely go back to Via Violeta. It is AMAZING!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2015

I recently stayed at Villa Violeta in March with my family and two other families. In total there were 6 adults and 5 children (children's ages ranged from 6-9). We had an amazing trip that we are all still talking about. We can not wait to go back one day. The grounds were magical and each casita had it's own charm and was better then the next. Yessica and her staff helped make the vacation. They were so friendly and accommodating and went above and beyond on everything they did for us. It truly is hard to put this experience into words because you must experience it to believe it. I felt so incredibly relaxed the entire time we were there and surprisingly that feeling lasted for quite sometime once I got back to reality. I actually teared up when we were leaving and saying goodbye to everyone.
Oh and the food...the food they made was soooo delicious and authentic. It was so fun to hear the bell ring and be surprised by what would be on the menu that day.
And the town of San Pancho is just delightful! The people were so nice. The shopping was great. The beach was beautiful. We always felt safe.

My only issue was that we had to pay cash to settle the balance which was unexpected. Had we known this before we would have been prepared for it and it would not have been a big deal. However we all ended up having to go to the ATM a few times to accumulate the balance since we only brought spending money expecting to be able to charge the balance on credit cards. It's 2 months later and all 3 families card numbers were stolen. We were all protected by our banks so no loss but just be aware. I'm sure not a surprise to most that travel often. This would NOT deter us from going back. This place really is heaven on earth.

• Stayed: March 2015