All reviews walled garden conservatory restaurant evening meal tourist information bed was comfortable pudding tea and coffee the ground floor lovely room weekend break double room well worth a visit stayed for two nights st david s breakfast was excellent high street west wales
Reviewed 20 September 2018

First impressions count, and our first impression was one of warmth and efficiency. When we discovered a small malfunction in the toilet flush, it was sorted out in minutes. The service was excellent throughout and Andrea, Matt and Kelly seemed always to be on their feet, multitasking with charm. The Breakfasts were excellent, the evening meal good too. We particularly appreciated the bottled water in our rooms. The only thing I would comment on is a suggestion - the 'info' could be laminated. At the moment they're not and as a result the paper was marked and looked a little grubby. The door connecting the pub part to the rooms could do with a paint job, and on one occasion our table was a little less than clean. Small things counterbalanced by everything else that was good. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GroveStDavids, General Manager at Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass your kind words on to Andrea, Matt and Kelly. I will get those info packs replaced straight away and look into laminating them.

We are aware that there is some maintenance jobs needed. We are due a full refurbishment in the next year.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed in this hotel and I highly recommend it. The staff were all lovely , very helpful and friendly and the food was excellent . The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. Lovely visit

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
GroveStDavids, General Manager at Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely Review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The team will so pleased with your nice comments. I will make sure they are shared with them.

Hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We booked in for 1 night and had a evening meal my rack of lamb was cooked to perfection also the chocolate fondant was exceptional the staff were very friendly and helpful also the fact it's dog friendly was extremely helpful for us.
If your ever in saint Davids you have to try this place you can gaurente I will be back again.

The room was very comfortable slept like a baby the only thing I was a little annoyed with was the noise the toilet made when I flushed it. It sounded like a jet was taking off apart from that thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GroveStDavids, General Manager at Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for leaving a kind review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and the Rack of lamb very good. Keep an eye out next time your in St Davids as we have a new Menu on the way in October.

I will get the toilet looked at, thank you for letting us know.

Hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here. Room was a little tired but comfortable. We ate breakfast & 1 evening meal in the restaurant which was reasonably priced & there was lots of choice. There was a singer on the Friday night who was ok but he was even more entertaining by the man doing ballet moves to his vocals. He was having a wonderful time entertaining us all watching from the bar. The best & must memorable thing about our stay was the staff. They were so friendly, fun & chatty. We would definitely stay here again - especially after a refurb.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GroveStDavids, General Manager at Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your kind Review.

Its nice to hear you had a lovely stay with us. Our head office is planning a full Refurbishment in the future.

I am glad you enjoyed the Music on Friday, we do have some great characters locally that make the most of a good night.

Its also great that the staff made your stay memorable. I will pass on your kind words to them.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Three of us went for an evening meal, and were disappointed. One of us had a Crispy Duck salad, in which the duck was cremated and hard, the small salad consisted of some limp rocket and some shavings of carrot, and the side of veg was small as well. They did offer a complimentary cup of coffee as a result. Basically, everything we had was rather less than we imagined it. The puddings were nice, but the accompanying scoop, or rather half-scoop of ice cream came in a miniscule cup, into which the spoon would not fit, and I'd never seen such a small amount of custard, although they did give me a refill. It took an hour to get our main meals, then half an hour waiting for puddings, and it wasn't at all busy in the early evening. Over all disappointing

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank DonMacGregor
GroveStDavids, General Manager at Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry about the issues you received on Wednesday when you visited, We were very busy on Wednesday night. Even though it may have looked not as busy in the restaurant. We have another 100+ seats in the Garden and with such a lovely evening they fill up quickly.

I am glad you were offered something as a gesture once you told the Team. please next time let us know when you were checked back. We would have happily made you another dish.

Hopefully you will give us another try.