All reviews venison large portions pembroke castle pub grub business trip pudding friendly hotel car park is a little great food and beer steeped in history ate here single room lovely surprise meringue a stones throw room was spacious good nights sleep
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I'd never stayed at an old inn like Old King Arms Hotel. It is steeped in history, dating back to 1522. It is also an easy, quick walk from imposing Pembroke Castle. Our room was clean, with a modern shower, and we slept well. Nothing amazing, but satisfactory. The halls are full of steps up and steps down, so be prepared for carrying your luggage a bit or get help with that. Breakfast included cereal, juices, coffee, and our eggs were cooked to order. I think they had smoked salmon for order too.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The Old Kings Arms is steeped in history from Tudor times. There is a modern touch with the pictorial tiles designed for a ship and found in an abandoned warehouse.
Our room was so comfortable with a full bath and good bed. We overlooked a park at the rear of the building.
The best part was the dinner we chose from a very good menu. The venison was excellent and the lamb shank in in wine sauce with beans so tasty. The vegetables were local and nicely prepared. We shared the apple and blackberry crumble with cream.
It did not come as a surprise to discover that the original owners were MIchelin trained.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I felt very comfortable in this old Inn. As soon as I pulled into the car park I knew I had made right choice. Clean room, friendly staff and lovely food. The breakfasts were enormous. The choice of wine was good and I ate here on both nights of my stay and really enjoyed both meals.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Called in with family who were staying in Pembroke for for the 2018 Ironman. Lovely menu with a good choice for 2 vegetarians. Nice wine and choices and the 'puds were excellent. Lovely clean and friendly establishment.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2018

First Class Sunday dinner here last weekend. Excellent service. Possesses a proper chef as opposed to a cook. I will certainly be eating here again in the near future and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family