All reviews christmas lunch lamb shank no lift great menu lovely food free car park lovely hotel evening meal bar meals twin room town centre salmon plenty of parking stayed nights kippers cooked to perfection lovely room
Reviewed 12 December 2018

We had an amazing lunch of turkey and an amazing selection of vegetables.
Portions were generous. The staff very attentive.

We had fruit salad, Christmas pudding or a lovely trio of desserts afterwards, plus tea or coffee, with after eight mints. I would go again and the usual weekday menu is also very nice.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

A group of us booked for Christmas lunch, which I found quite disappointing. The portions were massive, obviously nobody complained about that, although it was more than we could eat. The gravy and dauphinois potatoes were far too salty and the Christmas pudding had been microwaved for so long that the fruit was crunchy and the course inedible. The brandy sauce was tasteless and I have yet to taste brandy. However, the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

Completely ruined our trip. Food not available untill 7pm. (Seems a bit late to open a restaurant) so explained we would like to eat as early as possible. As we were off to see a band play all 7 of us.
That's ok if you order before 6.45pm we will get you in 1st. So we wait. 6.45pm comes and we say we are ready to order. 7pm comes and still not taken our order. Then we get told we will have to wait. Because of NON GUESTS eating 1st.
Too late to eat anywhere else. So we go out without eating.
Breakfast ends at 9.30am on a Sunday????
Rooms are dirty and very very out dated.
Staff were ok. owners/managers were useless. £96 for a twin room! Not worth £46

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Booked this hotel based on the reviews. It has a big car park free to residents the check was easy. It’s an old building so creaking floorboards are expected the room was very nice large with a double and single bed. On a cold night the room was nice and warm and lots of hot water for a bath. The meal I had in the bar was excellent. The only down side for me was breakfast at 07:30 which was late for me I will point out I didn’t ask for an early breakfast it could be available. Very good hotel I’ll go back again.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank michaelm550
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Went for a relatives’ birthday surprise meal
Food was extremely good (steak) which was cooked very much to my liking (medium rare).
The only downer was the waitress behind the bar. Not sure if it was a long, bad day but she served me four different times and not once was there a please, thank you or indeed a smile. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure (as we all would) she would rather not be working on a Friday night but a bit of courtesy would not go amiss?

Date of stay: October 2018