All reviews full english sunday carvery hotel stay an en suite bathroom room was clean single room friendly hotel family room warm welcome base to explore minute drive cooked breakfast night stay katie rates pint vegetables
Reviewed 8 February 2019 via mobile

I'd like to start by saying, I understand that this is a budget hotel room at the top of a pub so if you expect that, that's what you'll get. But it could have been better even in that category. I had to share a toilet with another room. I don't think it's too much to ask to have a toilet in your room when your staying away. The shower was situated inside the bedroom not in a bathroom of any sort. The TV was small but adequate. I didn't eat in the hotel during my stay so I can't comment on that. As the hotel is next to a busy road, there was lots of noise throughout my stay. The staff were friendly and welcoming though and if this hotel was given a makeover and brought into the 21st century, it's location would make it an ideal place to stay when visiting.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

A warm welcome on arrival at this hotel which is set in a nice old part of the town, with friendly staff throughout my stay. Lovey steak for dinner in the bar room. Bedroom nice and clean and spacious. Breakfast time nice and relaxed, cereal and cooked breakfast included, though the cooked breakfast could have been bigger (this could just be my appetite).

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

We booked in last minute on a family emergency back to Pembs.

Nothing was too much trouble form the initial booking to arrival.

Katie was great and really lovely and helpful, which helped with our day.

The rooms were clean and tidy and also they take dogs.

The breakfast was delicious the next morning with the lovely chef serving.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2019

It would be wrong to paint this place as the ritz, but as for our stay I calculated we were paying £22 per head per night for b & b, it wouldn't be would it. The staff are very friendly, the breakfast was good value (not sure what happened when the guy below stayed) the room was cozy and the bar was a nice place for a pint. Didn't have any of the evening meals so can't comment, but 'USA Chicken' which is about 2 doors down does excellent pizzas, kebabs etc which helps for an economical break. The hotel is well positioned for exploring the coast, which is in a 1o minute drive away in several directions. For a cheap and cheerful base to explore Pembrokeshire it does the job.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tourist585514
Reviewed 19 December 2018

Had a great visit to this classic old hotel, typical of county towns. Carvery was definitely up there with the best. Piles of meat and huge selection of vegetables at a very reasonable price. Staff were able and chef very helpful. Good local ale. Restaurant classically grand and clean.

Room tip: going to try the steak night
Date of stay: August 2018