All reviewsfudgeevening mealguest housetalyllyn railwayhomemade biscuitswarm welcomecomfortable bedfew minutes walkwelsh breakfastwide choice for breakfastprivate bathroomlittle extra touchesexcellent breakfastsingle roomboth morningsvery comfortable stayexcellent facilities
Reviewed 7 April 2018

A very well appointed B & B with friendly and helpful proprietors. Lawrence and Jane go out of their way to be as helpful as possible. There is a very generous choice of choice for breakfast from the simplest to a good cooked English breakfast. Evening meal is also available and all is home cooked fare and thoroughly enjoyable. The bedrooms are also complete with everything you could desire for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Jane G, Owner at Preswylfa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay food is something I care passionately about and love sharing with our visitor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The location was good and I was looking forward to a couple of days away in Wales. I arrived late through the snow but was welcomed in and taken to my room. It was a single in more ways than one. Incredibly small, no room for a bag only on the floor and little room for anything else. I was disappointed as I had seen the doubles on the web and thought how nice they were. The breakfast was great and generally it was very good. The single was really far too small for use but if in couples you will not be disappointed and would get 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Jane G, Owner at Preswylfa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi I am very sorry that you were disappointed about the size of the single room we are very aware that it does not conform to the standards set by the 4 star rating and so therefore does not feature in our visit Wales rating. Therefore whenever we take a booking for that room we endeavour to make that clear. If this did not happen for yourself all I can do is apologise. We were full that weekend as it was busy with people out taking photographs on the Talyllyn and unfortunately was the only room available. Also unfortunately as you arrived we were having problem with our boiler and were desperately trying to get it fixed so there was hot water the following morning. I know none of this makes it any better for you but if you would like to get in touch with us personally we will see what we can do for you.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve just come back from a long weekend in Tywyn and had the pleasure in staying at this guest house. Jane and Lawrence (the owners) could not of been more welcoming and friendly and were always happy to have a chat and giggle about various things. There are a lot of people who could learn a lot about how to do customer service properly from this lovely couple.

The guest house itself is well kept, with well decorated rooms. Everything is clean and well maintained. The bed was comfy and the facilities provided in the room are great. These included free WiFi, tv, a selection of dvds to watch. A good selection of tea / coffee making facilities including a bottle of fresh milk, kept in the fridge in the room. A lovely extra touch are the homemade biscuits and pack of salty fudge. Bottles of water are also provided along with a little box of goodies in case you’d forgotten to pack them.

The private bathroom, which for the room I was in was just along the hallway, was again clean and well maintained. The usual toiletries were provided along with cotton buds and cosmetic pads. The shower was nice with near instant hot water.

I can not recommend this guest house enough and completely understand why they have nearly 100% excellent rating.

Thank you Jane and Lawrence for making our stay in Tywyn that little bit more special.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Jane G, Owner at Preswylfa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you Tim as we said at the time it was a pleasure to have you to stay and I hope we might see you again sometime. We love it when people go away relaxed and happy.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I was in Tywyn visiting the Tallyllyn Railway and was at a lose end for accommodation at night but the Station Master at Tywyn wharf station suggested this guest house. The couple who own and run it are volunteers on the Tallyllyn Railway. They had many suggestions where to get a good evening meal in Tywyn. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Jane G, Owner at Preswylfa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you Roy it was good to have you stay did you get a good meal? I hope we might see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Spent my birthday weekend there as a surprise getaway. Very welcoming and homely B&B, quiet, warm and was nice to smell the freshly baked cookies that filled the house when we got in from our walks in the woods. :) it was also very yummy! Breakfast was very good quality and locally sourced. Exceptionally clean rooms as well.Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jane G, Owner at Preswylfa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thanks very much it was lovely to meet you both and to know that you had a good birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon.