2,658 results
All reviews library bar bertie's restaurant medieval banquet prince of wales suite cream tea peacocks wandering moat spa steeped in history roll top bath grounds are lovely spa facilities relaxation room public rooms cooked breakfast birthday treat deluxe room evening meal
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Great value stay through secret escapes. Castle a very short walk out of Ruthin centre. Good to walk through the gardens. Stay included a cream tea which was delightful. Breakfast was buffet as the hotel was very busy. The hotel is over 700 years old and this is reflected in the building, to try and modernise it into some sort of modern Establishment would wreck it. You have to take the place at face value, almost "period" furniture and bare wooden floors etc, but my wife and i loved the originality. The bed ( a hypnos i think) was without the best nights sleep i have EVER had in any hotel i have stayed in!! The only slight disappointment was pictures depict a hot tub in the spa basement and this sadly is no longer available, only a steam room and sauna now remain but everything else was as expected. Great stay, hope to return

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Friendly staff and peacocks lovely hotel in a wonderful setting. Just had an overnight stay found the hotel and Ruthin lovely. Sadly when booking did not reserve a table for dinner and on arrival found the restaurant fully booked. Bar meals were available but with low tables it did not look as if that would be comfortable so we ate elsewhere.The peacocks were amazing and really tame ,the males would call the females whenever food was available(my Danish pastry tempted them) .The females would fly in and then the males displayed their plumage and danced round. Would visit again.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This was a treat for my daughter in a suite 113. The hotel was grand and staff friendly. My daughter is vegan so was a bit concerned how the food would be. I mentioned this to the staff who immediately went straight to the kitchen to ask the chef. He came back to say give him 1 hour and he will have something ready for her. That evening the chef had made her her own menu with choices. Very impressed wasn't the word. He also made her an afternoon tea tray which was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel. They can't do enough for you.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor suite which was very quiet.With lovely scenery.
1  Thank l0l1966
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Went to Ruthin Castle on my 30th birthday for a relaxing spa weekend. It was nice but not what I expected. It was very cold inside and the rooms were not looking as advertised on the website. Nothing special for the spa either.
Really enjoyed the food though, compliments to the chef!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 30 April 2018

we have visited Castle Ruthin around 5 times in the last 3/4 years and every time I forget how wonderful it is! the castle itself is wonderful and filled with the luxury you would expect from a castle. the real seller of this place is firstly the customer service offered by all of the staff and secondly the peacocks wondering the ground.

we even booked in to the Moat Spa this time. unfortunately some complications made us late but the ladies in the spa made sure they tried to accommodate us even though they had a full calendar. Andreea (I think that's the right spelling) made me feel so relax and calm it was unbelievable. we topped our spa trip off with a wonderful meal in the restaurant where the maître made us feel welcomed and suggested wine to accompany our meal.

this is a real wonderful place to stay and relax or go out exploring the vast open spaces filled with wildlife!

Room Tip: we upgraded our room and stayed in 311. this room has a had view of the grounds and local area!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends