2,596 results
All reviewslibrary barbertie's restaurantmedieval banquetprince of wales suitecream teapeacocks wanderingmoat spasteeped in historyroll top bathgrounds are lovelyspa facilitiesthermal suiterelaxation roompublic roomscooked breakfastbirthday treatfree standing bath
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This was a treat for my daughter in a suite 113. The hotel was grand and staff friendly. My daughter is vegan so was a bit concerned how the food would be. I mentioned this to the staff who immediately went straight to the kitchen to ask the chef. He came back to say give him 1 hour and he will have something ready for her. That evening the chef had made her her own menu with choices. Very impressed wasn't the word. He also made her an afternoon tea tray which was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel. They can't do enough for you.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor suite which was very quiet.With lovely scenery.
1  Thank l0l1966
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Went to Ruthin Castle on my 30th birthday for a relaxing spa weekend. It was nice but not what I expected. It was very cold inside and the rooms were not looking as advertised on the website. Nothing special for the spa either.
Really enjoyed the food though, compliments to the chef!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 30 April 2018

we have visited Castle Ruthin around 5 times in the last 3/4 years and every time I forget how wonderful it is! the castle itself is wonderful and filled with the luxury you would expect from a castle. the real seller of this place is firstly the customer service offered by all of the staff and secondly the peacocks wondering the ground.

we even booked in to the Moat Spa this time. unfortunately some complications made us late but the ladies in the spa made sure they tried to accommodate us even though they had a full calendar. Andreea (I think that's the right spelling) made me feel so relax and calm it was unbelievable. we topped our spa trip off with a wonderful meal in the restaurant where the maître made us feel welcomed and suggested wine to accompany our meal.

this is a real wonderful place to stay and relax or go out exploring the vast open spaces filled with wildlife!

Room Tip: we upgraded our room and stayed in 311. this room has a had view of the grounds and local area!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Very close to centre of excellent town of Ruthin, probably the best town in North Wales-shops, history, styleand a v good restaurant On the Hill.
Hotel has grand feeling-spacious, high-ceilinged, well-appointed with lovely grounds and, of course, the peacocks. The food isnt quite so good

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Lovely setting in historic castle grounds....peacocks everywhere, even a druid stone circle . Room was lovely, beds really comfortable, (we had a great view of the hillside) and staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was delicious. Would have liked the hotel to provide a bottle of water in the room, and we did have to wait a long time to get an afternoon drink and sandwich, but overall we enjoyed our stay.