“Lunch on the Terrace”

Restaurant at The Hotel Portmeirion
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant in the curvilinear dining room of The Hotel Portmeirion overlooking the tidal estuary. Lounge menu served on the terrace (unless a wedding or function has reserved exclusive use of the facilities). Afternoon tea available from 2pm to 5pm. Traditional Sunday lunch (a Sunday lunch booking and credit card details are required for free entry to the village).
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Coupled with gorgeous weather we had a lovely lunch on the terrace. Wonderful helpful staff and excellent food.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Good service, nice view, nice atmosphere. However, my lasagne was very very very very very very small. It was tasty, but at £18 I felt that it needed something on the side other than chives. All other parties enjoyed their meals thouragly. I do recommend the restaurant - but get some chips with your lasagne.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Portmeirion Village with a friend today, but the weather was awful, we couldn’t have picked a worse day to go. Very very heavy rain and mist over the bay, which was a shame as the views are magnificent when it’s clear.
However, as a surprise, I had booked Afternoon Tea in the hotel, so after walking round the village and in and out of the shops, and getting quite wet, I decided we would go to the hotel early.
The staff said that wasn’t a problem, took our wet jackets off to dry, and sat us in the lounge whilst they prepared our table in The Conservatory.
After a few minutes, the came to take us to
our table, and discussed which tea we would prefer from a very extensive tea menu.
Once we had decided on this, they brought the food out to us.
Finger sandwiches with various fillings, every one delicious. We then started on the desserts, cakes and finishing with the lightest of scones with strawberry preserve and clotted cream.
We requested fresh tea which was brought immediately, no problem.
We had a really lovely relaxing afternoon, and no one rushed us, even though the staff were busy with a small function in another room.
I go for Afternoon Tea somewhere every week, and in fact had been for one only 3 days ago in the Lake District, so consider myself something of a connoisseur, and this one today was up there with the best.
We will return in a few weeks time when I return from holiday, with hopefully better weather to enjoy the amazing views across the bay.
Unfortunately, you can’t book the weather.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here on a wet day but stepping into the hotel was most welcoming. Lovely log fires and interesting nooks and crannies. We had champagne afternoon tea overlooking the sea. Service was great and the food delicious. Recommend.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This is a place to experience once in a while. This is gourmet excellence. It's not cheap but it's oh so good! The surroundings are exquisite, the service second to none and, if you get a table near a window, you get one of the finest views in the area. Portmeirion itself is one of my favourite places and I have visited many times, but this is the first time I have dined at the hotel resaurant. My wife had all vegetarian options, which were gorgeous looking as well as tasting, and the lamb dish I had for my main course was, well..just superb.
If you have even the slightest leaning towards being a "foodie", then save up and give this place a go. Marvellous.