other travellers have booked this property

Review of Riverside Bungalow

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Mountain of History on Doorstep
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tora E
Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be much less welcoming”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this holiday through Holiday Lettings by Trip Advisor and so had only seen the information on there rather than direct from the owners. The deposit and monies were all sent on time but right up until the week of the holiday we'd still not been given the address or telephone number of the property/owner, we just had an email address. I contacted the owner by email with no response, a week or so later I contacted him via Holiday Lettings expressing my concern, as they'd had my money but no contact had been made, this was his response:
Hi Victoria; I am terribly sorry, I have not come back to you sooner. I don't receive any fee until you enter my holiday let, so Holiday lettings should confirm payment. address should be on web site and also arrival and departure. This came along with the address and timings I'd been after. Whether he receives my fee before, during or after my stay is frankly irrelevant to me, he was going to get it.
When we arrived we were not made to feel especially welcome. The 'help' guide in the property belonged to the accommodation next door and so not relevant to this particular property. The tumble drier, DVD player, radiator in the bathroom and various other small matters were not working or were absent, when we called the owner to ask how the radiator worked he said it didn't, we asked how we should dry the towels he suggested putting them on the electric radiators, a fire hazard as far as we were concerned. 'You're lucky, that bungalow is better than the one next door' was his response.
The images on Holiday Lettings appear to suggest one is booking 'Riverside Bungalow', in fact the image covers 4 bungalows, and you are just getting 1/4 of the image! I would not re-book. For the price, it is ok and the location is fantastic but the owners are clearly purely interested in money.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The un-welcome!
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
3 Jun 2014
Although I take note of your review, i dispute this as every review written in our guest book as been positive. With the emphasis on a friendly welcome and how well equipped the Bungalow is, within a perfect location.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing