“Anniversary Meal”
Review of Glasfryn

Glasfryn
Ranked #14 of 92 Restaurants in Mold
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You'll find an interesting mix of locals - farmers, local businessmen, young couples, retired people, regulars, market goers: there's always an interesting buzz about the place, and locals and visitors alike seem to rub along very happily. Oh, and there are some stunning views from the sunny terrace
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for two for our 13th Anniversary. We've visited the Glasfryn on a number of occasions and have never had a bad meal or experience. Tonight's experience however has ruined our opinion. We were stood at the bar, not busy at all, barman was midway through serving, we waited, he acknowledged our presence, a regular came in behind us, he then completely ignored us, served the regular, without so much as an apology. I grew up in the pub and restaurant scene and understand that mistakes happen, but this was blatantly bloody rude. We were then served our drinks and seated. We sat down but by this time to be honest I just wanted to leave. I called the Celtic Arms from our table, paid for my drinks and left. In a crowded bar mistakes happen and people get served before you, unfair, but acceptable, but to be acknowledged then completely ignored is bloody rude. I would have given 1 star but for the young lady who took my payment. Disappointed, thankfully the Celtic Arms salvaged our Anniversary evening.

3  Thank MChare42
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I wish I’d have had more time here because the service was good and the staff really friendly. It’s a lovely place with nice modern decor. Will be back again.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Only had a drink there a long time ago and found the place heaving. Went for Lunch with Family and found it not too busy. I decided to have the rump steak and when it arrived I asked for a steak knife but should not have bothered as I could cut it quite well with an ordinary knife as it was so tender. The chips were the best I have ever had in a Pub or Restaurant. They were just perfect, crispy yet soft inside.Mushrooms were also great as the onion rings. In fact the best offerings I have had for a very long time. Plenty of it as well as were the rest of the meals. Definitely will be going again and again.

1  Thank TheBemo
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Went to Glasfryn for lunch with a friend of many years. Had not been to the Glasfryn for several years but it was even better than I remember it !
The location and views from the terrace are great.
Food (we both had lamb and Summer pudding) and service were both excellent. Food prices good (for what you get). However the price of wine is rather excessive.
Would definitely return.

1  Thank Beckling
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Having visited the Glasfryn frequently for several years, I have seen service, food and overall quality change quite a bit.

The majority of staff are attentive and brilliant, making up for any that are letting the team down.

The food is usually great, and in my eyes the price point is bang on.

But the main feature for me, and I’m sure for most, is the garden/outdoor seating area. This is the place to go in Flintshire when the sun is shining.

Next time the sun is out, head down, grab a drink and enjoy the rays!