See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2015

My son and I stayed here while on a paddling weekend in North Wales. The house is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Sue was very welcoming and helpful. It is self catering - we only made tea and coffee in the kitchen but it seemed to be well equipped and there was a comfortable looking warm dining room next to it. It's very conveniently situated in Corwen, right on the main road, easy to find.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 21 September 2015

My five friends and I stayed here for one night after a White Water Experience in Llangollen. It was 10 minutes drive from Llangollen and the warm reception we received and hot showers were very much appreciated. The rooms were beautiful and there was plenty of space for the six of us to congregate in the evening. Use of the kitchen, lounge and garden was an added bonus. Sue the owner was always lovely and made us feel so welcome. Overall I think this is one of the best places I have ever stayed in with an added bonus that it was a fantastic price.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I ended up staying here as a last minute booking for the bank holiday weekend. It was reasonably prices compared to other guest houses/hotels during this period.

The owners are some of the nicest and helpful people I have met in the UK. Great hospitality.

I must say, the wi-fi was very bad. We connected, then after 5 minutes it just cut off. I gave up trying to use it and just used my mobile data. I think that for £90 a room, it should include breakfast.

if you don't mind sharing bathrooms, then you will like it here. I read reviews previously about no room keys. We stayed on the top floor twin rooms and both rooms had lock and key. Hade peaceful nights sleep as both rooms are facing the back garden.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Llys Meddyg is a beautiful house in Corwen ran by Sue.Sue is fantastic and very helpful nothing is too much trouble.We spent the night before our daughters wedding here.There were 6 of us altogether in the family. The rooms are large and very clean , tea& coffee is freely available. Sue made great friends with my mother in law and the rest of the family. I highly recommend this lovely house in Corwen.

Room tip: All rooms are great.
Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Llys Meddyg is run by Sue, who has opened her house to accommodate people searching for accom in Corwen. You could not meet a friendlier, more welcoming host. This is a huge house, with plenty of rooms to sit and relax. You are welcome in the garden and there is a large self-catering kitchen and dining area. You are welcome to help yourself to tea, coffee, milk etc at any time. This is not a B&B as such. All food is self catered, but you are welcome to cook what you like, when you like. The house is very clean and the bedroom was fine. The bed was very comfortable. There are no en-suite rooms, so you have to prepared to share a bathroom. This is really good budget accom and I would recommend to people for an overnight stop over or who need a base to explore the area. Corwen itself is not great - but it is well situated to explore the Vale of Llangollen to the east, the Berwyns to the south and Snowdonia to the west. I would certainly stay again!

Date of stay: July 2015