All reviews bryn tyrch great food burger beer garden fish and chips lamb open fire warm welcome attentive service both nights north wales local produce real ale sticky toffee pudding lovely atmosphere road noise cooked to perfection
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

As well as the big things like friendly, welcoming owners and employees, clean, quite room, fantastic food, it was the little things. The room we stayed in was well thought out for hikers, lots of space for drying clothes, somewhere to put muddy boots without turning the room into a dirty mess. Bathroom was small but again well designed. Shower drain that drains well! Extracted fan that was quiet and efficient! Did I mention the cleanliness? Immaculate, people, immaculate. We had two dogs with us which were welcomed with open arms. The windows are double/triple glazed because although our room faced the road, when the window was shut, we couldn’t hear a thing. The food, oh the food. We ventured out one night and really regretted it. The. Food. Here. Is. Phenomenal. Thank the lord we were hiking up mountain sides all day or I would have left a good stone heavier than when I arrived.

Wonderful place to lounge by the bar to play games and relax by the open fire.

The only thing I didn’t like about this place is that it is so much better than anything else on offer in the area, we didn’t venture out much. But that’s on us. Also, for people with dogs and/or younguns the road is a 40m an hr road and people speed down it so keep you’re wits about you. Well worth it though.

Planning the next trip. Please don’t make this place so popular we can’t get back in. It’s a long time since I’ve loved a place this much.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Stayed here for a night with my partner. Couldn't really fault anything with the rooms or hotel in general.

We had a meal in the bar which was delicious! The rooms where clean and lovely. The bathroom was huge and clean.

Would recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Had the most wonderful stay last night at the Bryn Tyrch. From the moment we walked through the front door to the time we left the following morning it was absolutely superb. Our room was clean and warm which was just what we needed after a day climbing Snowdon. The most delicious supper followed in the restaurant followed by a nightcap by the fire. The choice for breakfast the following morning was incredible. We then checked out to head home. I cannot fault the staff and service we received and would highly recommend staying here when visiting the area again.

Room tip: Rooms on the back are much quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I had the pleasure of staying here this weekend, it was an impromptu stopover as I had a flat tyre and just happened to pull into the hotels' carpark. And whilst it wasn't a planned stay, I can honestly say that I couldn't have broken down in a better place.

Steve the Manager was a hero and not only looked after me and my daughter but was kind enough to go above and beyond in helping to find me a mobile tyre service.

Our room was spotlessly clean, modern, comfortable and stylish. The bar is welcoming, cosy and friendly.

Breakfast was superb, the lady serving in the morning was helpful and friendly.

I hope to one day return under more relaxed circumstances.

Room tip: Room 8 is a lovely twin at the end of a corridor with great views over the river and mountains
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Everything about my 3 night stay here was fab, from the top notch customer service (the team genuinely want to leave you feeling wowed) to the excellent food, gorgeous room and lovely ambience. The breakfast was excellent every day and a party of 7 of us ate dinner here on our last night and everyone enjoyed their meal. My rump lamb was fab with a really decent jus. The hotel is ideally located for walking in Snowdonia and walkers are warmly welcomed. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends