All reviews the concierge lounge business hotel general manager front desk staff business trip nice hotel room service two double beds rooms were very clean hot tub common areas a great stay late at night parking lot waffles tiffany lobby
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have account with Booking.com. As usual, when I am traveling , I booked a stay at a hotel. When I check-in I give my husbands name for the reservation and the confirmation number. Then I receive a key to my room. Tonight however, I was told that I could not check-in because my husband wasn't staying with me. I had an ID, confirmation number, and the credit card the reservation was made under (which is in my name by the way). I ended up having to call him so that the clerk could confirm that it was okay if I used his reservation. I couldn't cancel my reservation because they would charge my credit card regardless. Needless to say, he was furious. I did finally get a room, and when my teenage children went to the pool to stretch their legs from the long drive they were told to get out the pool was closing, it was 10:50 and the pool closes at 11. I will never stay here again!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa W
GuestServicesMegan, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced during check-in. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

I travel all the time for work. I always enjoy coming to this Marriot because of the people. All are very nice but Camille in the Concierge lounge is my favorite. Always very friendly and personable. She remembers my name every time and even the name of my wife and kids whom she has never met. If you are ever here, seek her out for good service!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We are moving just outside of Memphis and stayed at this hotel several times. We really like how clean and modern this hotel. We also love the concierge lounge, Camille Johnson made our stay outstanding! She was so kind and made our stay on the 10th even better!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

While on vacation passing through town we stayed at the Marriott hotel east Memphis. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone passing through or staying in town.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Good hotel, pool lacked a bit, and front desk staff could have been more helpful. The concierge level (9-10) was just a few bucks more so my family took advantage.

Since Sunday was a slow night, my wife and I spent a couple of hours just talking while enjoying some wonderful apps and drinks. Camille was awesome! She was super helpful and very engaging. When my kids came by she was more than accommodating to them. Maybe 7-10 other guests came by and we witnessed Ms. Johnson being just as accommodating to them as well.

Skip the pool and spring for the concierge level.

Room Tip: Take the Concierge Level floors (9-10)
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family