Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Caroline G

STAY AWAY

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jul 2023
We wanted to go to Graceland after a wonderful stay in Nashville so we decided to stay at this Hotel. Room was ok and staff also. I had concerns about the place being safe and the staff assured me that there was security at night. The next morning when we went to our car, the driver's side window was smashed as 10 other cars were on that Hotel parking. Hotel staff did apologize to us but never gave us any discount for that night. Needless to say we packed our bags and left that hotel. Of course, everything was closed for a repair on a Sunday morning so we drove back home without the driver's side window for 26 hours. Sour experience at that Holiday Inn Express Midtown Medical center Hotel in Memphis. Not happy at all.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 13 Aug 2023
Hello Caroline G,

Thank you for choosing IHG Hotels and Resorts as your travel partner! We appreciate you as one of our valued guests. We offer a simple and engaging place to rest. However, I am sorry for what happened during your stay. The team learned about your review. The team will make the needed improvements to deliver complete guest satisfaction.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private message to further reach out to you. I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

• Trip.com
    $730
3.3 km from Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Memphis
All reviews front desk biscuits and gravy breakfast staff beale street every morning bed and pillows breakfast was delicious great stay love this hotel close to downtown sun studios zee hie suitcases housekeeping tennessee graceland
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2023 via mobile

We were surprised this IHG hotel was rated so highly for the area (top 5). It was not in a very nice area and the hotel itself was on the older end. It was not updated. Drab. Rooms were so small that 2 people could not walk past each other between dresser and end of bed. The desk clerk was nice/professional however when out of eyesight, discovered her family was hanging out and using facilities (heard cussing at her kids for messing around in exercise room). Our room door also didn’t work properly. We could not get it open at first and after several attempts, had to use shoulder to open door when we realized the inside lock bar was catching door (had to do this every time we needed to enter our room). The sheets/comforter on 1 bed also had stains.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank WackyWhitts
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2023

Hi WackyWhitts,

Thank you for doing business with IHG Hotel & Resorts and staying at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown. Here our hotels are always clean, our service is always friendly, and everything always works.

I saw your evaluation of our services and was surprised by what you described. I am sorry for the unforeseen events during your stay and thank you for the opportunity to address these matters. I understand your comments about what happened and with this in mind, I distributed your feedback to our managers for evaluation. Our managers have taken the necessary step to rectify our errors and prevent this from happening again.

We hope you allow us to host your next travel to provide you with the excellent service characteristic of our chain.

Great wishes,

Oscar C.
IHG Hotel & Resorts Services

Reviewed 28 June 2023

My new car was broken into while staying there. They broke a window, stole items, and broke things in the car. Come to find out from several staff members that this happens to cars every night. The staff also said that it is not located in a safe neighborhood.

Also we had ants in our room and the room was not clean. They had carpeting that was pulled up and my son hurt himself on the carpet tack.

The only good thing about this hotel is the friendly staff.

Date of stay: June 2023
1  Thank Victoria F
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2023

Hello Victoria F,

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 1 June 2023

Do not say at this hotel! Our car was broken into windows, smashed on the first night. Seven other cars were broken into. Manger didn’t even come out to talk to us. And charged us for the night. They had no empathy. So it must happen all the time. Said they had security don’t know how they missed 7 cars being broken into. This hotel is not in a safe area apparently. The officers told us 13 cars down the road were hit too.

1  Thank michelledicap
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2023

Hi michelledicap,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and staying at our Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown. We appreciate you doing business with IHG Hotels and Resorts for your travel needs.

We’re determined to provide a space where guests can have a pleasant lodging experience, and I am sorry for what happened. This is not what we wanted our guests to experience. I alerted our hotel management to check on this for further review. I also sent a private message to you to obtain more details about your experience.

We hope to create more positive memories with you when your travels bring you back to the area.

Rosh D.

Reviewed 1 June 2023

This was a return trip to visit family, have not been to this hotel since before Covid, (Feb 2020). It is in need of some serious renovations. The bathrooms are dingy, with peeling paint/caulk to repair damages, the tub walls are a bit moldy in some areas. The carpet is lifting in many areas. Cleaning is lax, as there are dead bug carcasses in and around the bed/walls. My husband sank into a hole when he sat on the bed, so mattresses may need to be replaced. Breakfast was okay, but had to return at a later time to get our favorite the cinnamon rolls. We were on the bottom floor room 112, which is close to the entrance and hallway to other rooms. It is very loud as travelers try to get where they need to be. We only stayed 2 nights, and still the price was over 500.00. I didn’t have time to search for alternatives, so I went with what I knew. I am not sure there are alternatives, but will unfortunately have to look elsewhere the next time we visit Memphis.

1  Thank OuCilly

Hi OuCilly,

We appreciate you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown for this trip and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you choosing us and doing business with IHG Hotels and Resorts.

We aim to give our guests an efficient stay in a place that feels fresh and focused only on the features and services you need; I am sorry we did not deliver this time. I shared your sentiments with our hotel management and trust that proper actions will be taken to avoid this from happening again.

Until your next stop in the area, we look forward to hosting you again to redeem your confidence.

Grace L.
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 31 May 2023

The best part of this hotel was the night manager, Elisa. She was friendly and helpful, especially when we had a dog barking below us, making every attempt to remedy the situation. As far as the hotel, there is a reason why it is cheaper and it isn't only because it is not on Beale Street. The rooms do not appear to be updated, though the bathrooms were. They are dark and small. Breakfast area was clean and busy in the morning and had several options. Like I said in the title, I believe it was okay for 1 night, but unsure I would want to extend my stay longer than that.

1  Thank hmc404
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2023

Hello, hmc404

We truly care about your experience with us during your stay. Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown for your travel needs. This will indeed help us improve for you and other future guests.

I have taken the details you encountered to our management for appropriate action. I apologize for that. Our local team is addressing all of them as we speak. Our local team truly enjoys delivering the most enjoyable experience to our beloved guests.

Hopefully, we'll get another chance to show you we have made the necessary adjustments to offer you a much better stay. See you soon!

Alejandro G.