All reviews hi express sweet tea free bottled water beale street front desk memphis visit special thanks security guard safe location fridge and microwave room was clean night's sleep would definitely stay here again excellent stay easy access housekeeping staff southern hospitality
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The room is small for a family of 4 but worked well for an overnight stay. Pictures are accurate of room. Staff was nice and helpful as needed. Pool was a nice end to the day. Breakfast was good and variety was adequate for everyone in the family. Beds were comfortable.

Only negative was a weird smell to the water.

Would stay there again if passing through Memphis

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax by the pool, I apologize for the odor from the water. We will check and make sure everything is working correctly in the room you stayed in. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you through the Memphis area, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel for a ten day period for work purposes. I have worked for hotel chains in the past and am currently a manager in the retail industry.
The staff at this hotel was excellent. I requested the first floor and they accommodated me accordingly. After the first night, I requested to be moved and they accommodated me again. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful, everyone from the morning staff to the evening staff. The breakfast staff were super friendly and keep everything so clean, just loved the breakfast every morning. I didn't see the housekeeping staff but my room was cleaned every day perfectly.
The room was also very nice though I do wish there was a recliner but that is minor. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying there not only because of the facilities but mainly because of the excellent staff!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the team friendly and helpful. I am also glad that we were able to start you day of the correct way with a great breakfast and a smiling face. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Memphis area. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First off, I am not too sure they cleaned our room!! There was a pair of cowboy boots by the stool and chair in our room when we got to our room so suffice to say, obviously the housekeeping staff did not do too good of a job cleaning because they were in plain site. Next, when we checked in we only had 2 bath towels, 1 wash cloth and 1 hand towel. When we called for more they brought 2 more both towels and when we told them we needed more wash cloths they said they did not have any dried and would bring us some when they dried, NEVER saw any!! Same thing happened the next day when we asked for more!!! We ordered room service and our food came cold, the wrong side order and when we called back down to get the order correct we were told she was only one person and could not do it all and hung up!!! WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdm1226
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I am very sorry you had a negative experience while visiting the area, our goal is to provide the cleanliest hotel with the friendliest staff. Our housekeeping team strives to make sure all of our guests have an amazing experience. If this did not happen during your visit I am very sorry. In regards to the rooms service we are a limited service hotel and we do not have any restaurant facilities that can offer room service. We do offer a complimentary breakfast in the lobby in the morning. I would be more than happy do discuss your stay further in order to be able to address these items. .

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed at this property June 4-6, 2018 room 333. Located right off I-240 Loop, about 1 1 2/ miles from dntn. Parking was secure. All staff were courteous, no issues. Room was small , up to date. micro/fridge. Decent continental bkfst. Close to midtown Memphis and many places to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldwideTee
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the staff courteous. The hotel is ideally located next to mid town with great restaurants and downtown is just down the road as well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Memphis area. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed here whilst spending a few days in Memphis. It’s about and mile and half into Beale Street and minutes by cab from Sun Studios.
Staff were really pleasant and the breakfast was fine for the cost of the room. Rooms were well equipped and bed really comfy.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient to Beale street and Sun Studios. I am also glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the staff friendly. Thank you for your review.