All reviews hospitality management central ave medallion restaurant interesting museum front desk omelette station suite hotel great breakfast buffet the pink palace living room area liberty bowl nice hotel free breakfast would stay again room number location was perfect toilet paper
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love going to the Holiday Inn at U of M for their holiday brunch! My siblings have aged, so with take the family to brunch instead of going through the hassle of cooking and cleaning at home. We enjoy their brunch for Easter, Mother’s Day and Thanksgiving! Their food options are plenty and delicious! The servers; Travis, Rick, Allen, to name a few, are professional, prompt and personable. Excellent hospitality / customer service!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Debbie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for the great review of our Holiday Brunch! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and the staff. We hope to see you at the next brunch.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

stayed here from the 15th - 16th after driving from nashville to graceland, not completely basic but nice and clean which in my opinion is all you really need. staff where friendly and helpful and its so close to the university its crazy! would stay again defiantly if i ever return

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location. We look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

While I was returning home from work, my car ran out of gas right in front of the hotel. It was storming outside and the sun had just gone down. Despite being incredibly busy with a teachers' convention the young man behind the desk (and also a lovely young woman) along with a campus/hotel officer did everything they could to assist me while I waiting for roadside assistance. They even helped organize outside help to have someone grab a gas can and get gas for me since I was going to be stuck there another two hours. As a former hospitality worker, I can tell you that the front desk is insanely hard and also very rewarding work. Thank you for your help, and I will be recommending your hotel in the future!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Overall the room was clean and nice but the wifi was terrible. I had about half strength in the room and it kept cutting in and out. I also was not a huge fan of the layout of the rooms.... So much wasted space in the sitting area that could help make the room feel much larger and comfortable.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hi Amelia A,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with WiFi connection and the layout of our room. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn on Central Ave. is a popular meeting place for Alumni, Clubs, Small Conventions, & other groups. Open Lobby area decor is unique, airy, & inviting.

The Facility is well designed, with escalators & elevators handy to the Convention Center, Banquet Hall, Meeting Rooms, & Vendor Areas. It also serves as the training ground for the University of Memphis’ Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality & Resort Management Program.

The Holiday Inn Chain was founded in Memphis in 1952 by Mr. Wilson. Hundreds of photographs are displayed in The Kemmons Wilson Gallery, along with other interesting memorabilia.

The Medallion Restaurant is another amenity.

Plenty of free convenient Parking is provided.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business