Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
raybyerley
Mandeville, Louisiana

Two blocks, easy walk to AutoZone field, 05/06 to 05/08

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 May 2024
Its usually a comfortable and affordable hotel. But this trip the room 866 smelled like someone previously smoked in it, I reported it to the front desk. And the 8th floor hallway had a musty smell.
My room had a view of the First Horizon Bank building, but had to draw the curtains because the interior building lights were too bright.

I attached pictures of my king bed room, bath room, front entrance, lobby and bar dining areas.

I had to use Uber to get here from the airport, since Avis ran out of cars. But normally you have to Valet park for a fee.

But for me, the best feature of this hotel is it’s two blocks from AutoZone field to watch the Memphis Redbirds play. I went to the game tonight, 05/07.
Date of stay: May 2024
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 22 May 2024
Hi raybyerley,

Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale Street). We value your business with us. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience. I'm sorry for the smell you encountered in your room. I have shared your comments with the hotel management. I am confident that measures will be in place to address the areas you have noted.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to provide a better stay.

Connie D
    $743
1.3 km from Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale St.), an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Memphis
1,394 results
All reviews the holiday inn great location beale st valet parking two blocks valet staff civil rights museum peabody ducks fedex forum the room was nice downtown graceland
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2024

Stayed Friday/Saturday for a exploration trip to Memphis. Checkin went fine. We actually Valet parked our car and those guys are tops. Very friendly and helpful. The rooms. its ok. The lock on the outside was missing a cover which felt kind of janky but it worked. The view was great and room comfortable. our friends room had no AC but got moved with no pains. They were charged for an upgrade ( i guess ac is an upgrade lol) but got that charge removed.
ok now for the downside.
Get towels while your in the lobby if you stay more than one night it will save you a trip. Bring some drinks with you. The lobby bar was never open and a coke at the lobby was stupid expensive. there is a little store around the corner so stock yourselves. We travel extensively and were very surprised the breakfast was not included as normal. For $16.00 per person for microwave eggs, dried out sausage and fix them yourself waffles we opted for a road trip to another broken egg and had a great experience with them.
Lastly....check your bill don't just check out and leave. Our bank showed a excessive charge over the amount due. I called and got it corrected and was explained they over authorize in case of room charges. Never experienced this before so check while your there. The other couple got a different explanation but its fixed so oh well.

All and all not what we expected from Holiday inn but it served our needs for a place to flop. They missed out on our spending more by the bar not being open but it is what it is.
Use the valet parking they are the highlight of the visit

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale St.), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2024

Hello wr2015,

Thank you for choosing IHG Hotels and Resorts as your travel partner! We appreciate you as one of our valued guests. We aim to be your home away from home, offering ease and comfort. However, I am sorry for what happened during your stay. The team knew about your review, and I'm confident that further improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction.

Please find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 14 April 2024 via mobile

NO HOT WATER!! We couldn't take a shower because there was no hot water. I called the front desk and she said to turn the handle the opposite way. How do you turn the handle the opposite way when the opposite way is OFF. The glass for the shower was right in front of the spigot so you got wet everytime you had to turn on the water. Although the hotel is in a convenient location, it was extremely noisy. Traffic can be heard all night even with a white noise machine running. The doors slam easy so other guest were constantly slamming doors. You had to pay for valet parking and $15 each for breakfast. When checking out I wanted to tell the girl about the water. The conversation went like this.
"Are you checking out"
"Yes"
"You can put the key right there"
"OK. I need to tell you there was no hot water"
"OK you can still put the key right there"
"OK, I will. There was no hot water in the shower or sink"
"What room number"
I showed her my room number.
"OK. You can put the key right there"
NO I'm sorry for your experience. Not even a smile. She just kept rudely repeating herself. The only only good thing about this hotel was the valet employees. They were very nice and courteous. Although the hotel can't help it, the walk to Beale street was sketchy. People yelling at you and almost running over you when you were in the crosswalk with the light for you to walk. Not a safe place to be. A shooting the night before.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel and be careful if you walk anywhere.
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale St.), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2024

Hi pal22401,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale Street) and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and making IHG Hotels & Resorts a part of your travel.

We work very hard and strive to be the best Holiday Inn. Our goal is to offer a seamless and relaxing stay, and I'm sorry to learn that it didn't happen. We take feedback seriously and would like to know more about it, and share this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate message and hope you respond soon.

Your loyalty is important to us. We hope you choose IHG Hotels & Resorts for your future travels.

Best Regards,

Jenilyn J

Reviewed 13 April 2024 via mobile

Do not stay here if you do not like very large cockroaches and an extremely rude, ignorant evening receptionist. We captured the critter, housekeeping took it away but due to no spray being found we had to move room. During the whole incident we had to ring the receptionist twice to find out what was happening and she put the phone down on the twice. We had to go downstairs to find out what was happening and on both occasions she was ignorant and rude. We reported her to the manager the following morning and can only hope she learns from this.
After the trauma of finding the bug climbing the bedroom wall we decided not to use any of the other facilities in the hotel and yet we have just found an extra $100 has been charged/added to the bill.
We understand this is a budget hotel but as IHG members have found the whole experience disgusting and stressful. We are now having problems trying to get an email address to contact the hotel but IHG central reservations cannot help. Begs the question if the company cannot help who can? Once again would not recommend this hotel!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale St.), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2024

Hi Diane U,

Thanks for staying with Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale Street). We value your business with us. Our guests can count on us to keep our hotels clean, the staff friendly, and everything in working order. I am sorry for what happened during your stay. I have shared your comments with the hotel management and sent you a private message to obtain additional details.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We value your input and would love to make it up to you.

Connie D

Reviewed 7 April 2024

The room temperature wouldn’t run heat blowed cold air, no hot water at 8:35 am. No ice machines on the floor with signs posted to go to 5th and 14th floor for ice and once I went to both neither one worked? Phone has missing buttons and label I could see the inside of the phone. Tv lost signal and called the front desk to get poor response on my concerns and didn’t know what floor the ice was one or why the TV had no signal.
Parking, valet says it’s $27 to park here or you go down the street and pay $10-$15 so I drove there to find out it cost me $28. I went back to tell them and the response was, I guess they raised their prices. If you don’t know the prices don’t suggest it.
Don’t stay here!!!

Room tip: no hot water at 8:35am, heat was blowing cold air, tv didn’t have a signal on some channels parking valet gave incorrect pricing no ice
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale St.), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Hello, Terry S

We love reading the opinions of our guests. And thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale Street). It's crucial for our improvement and allows us to make proper adjustments to offer you and all guests better service in future stays.

I apologize on behalf of the hotel. We are currently working on the issues you encountered. Our local team will ensure we improve our quality. I have also forwarded your review to our management for further action.

The goal of our staff is to make you feel relaxed and at home.

We look forward to seeing you again in future travels. I'm sure you will love the changes and improvements based on your priceless feedback.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 2 April 2024 via mobile

This hotel is located within easy reach of Beale Street and has local and fair restaurants close by.
The rooms, or our room needs an upgrade along with the hallways. Probably the worst Holiday Inn I’ve stayed at, but don’t be too put off.
We stayed over a weekend and although the hotel is generally quiet the noise of the racing vehicles until the early hours is deafening even from higher floors. Memphis needs to do something about that. Even the famous Peabody wouldn’t escape that noise.
Didn’t try restaurant or bar, in fact it looked closed mostly.
Warning. There are no safes in hotel at all. Not in room or lobby, despite the IHG website saying so.
Overall Memphis could rival Nashville if it cleaned up it crime reputation and gave more music bars. It has a great history for music of all genres but needs to showcase it.
I would go again as most people we met were great to talk to and gave you such a warm welcome.

Room tip: Avoid weekends of noise.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale St.), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Hello, GDM_68

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Memphis-Downtown (Beale Street) for your stay.

I have shared your sentiment with our local team and manager, and I apologize for not delivering a better accommodation. Our staff will work to ensure a much better experience in your future travels.

The goal of our staff is to make you feel relaxed and at home.

Hopefully, we'll get another chance to show you that we have made the necessary adjustments to offer you an even better stay. See you soon!

Alejandro G.