Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
W0rldtraveler2012
Atlanta, Georgia

Great experience under the Canopy

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Jun 2024via mobile
My first time using Amex travel to book a reservation. They only give you credit when you stay at their (Amex) preferred bookings. Canopy happened to be one of those hotels. There are certain criteria that sets The Canopy apart from the rest and it happens to be the staff at the hotel. Everyone I encountered was very help and kind. I even got a text message from the front desk asking how things were going! I had many questions with my booking and they handled each one with care. Now the room was average to me. I would have expected more glam for a 4 star hotel. The bed was very comfortable which led to the most hours I’ve slept in quite some time. The lounge is the place to hangout they don’t even need karaoke but the bartenders provide total entertainment. I will book again.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Parking like any metropolitan area is very expensive here is no different. There is public...
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 3 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us and using the American Express travel plan. We appreciate your comments about your stay and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind comments about our staff will be shared with them. I hope your travel plans bring you back to Memphis and to the Canopy.
$300
    $629
    $745
1.4 km from Canopy By Hilton Memphis Downtown
View more hotels in Memphis
All reviews front desk valet service bb king valet parking great hotel memphis downtown beale street beautiful property great stay late check hotel restaurant perfect location walking distance enjoyed my stay great room fedex forum bed was comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2024 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. Location was good, an easy walk to Beale St and local restaurants. Peabody straight across the road to watch the famous duck walk. The bed was comfortable but for us, the pillows too high. The main issue was the air conditioning which we could not adjust and it was very cold. A maintenance guy came to adjust and it seemed ok for a short while only. The other issue to be aware of is the amount that is taken as pending on your credit card. We had one amount taken when we checked in and another added as we left. Our only cost was parking as we had prepaid. The second amount was about 4 times higher than that. When I contacted hotel they removed our first pending and then added another pending, so we now have two amounts totalling hundreds of dollars still pending. Crazy

Room tip: Definitely try for inner room. We had room on side lane, still noisy
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia Johnson Webster, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2024

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for the issues that you experienced with the AC and authorizations. We will definitely review our systems to ensure that authorizations are done correctly as they should only authorize $75 per day for incidentals since your reservation was pre-paid. Please contact us if the authorizations are still pending. Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2024 via mobile

I spent memorial weekend in Memphis and it was a great time. The first thing is the service!! Tony who works at night was extremely helpful as far as helping with places to go for food, letting us know the layout of the neighborhood and just being extremely pleasant and personable. We ate at their restaurant “Curfew” and the food was ok but the ambiance was better. The bartender made great drinks. The lobby area was very inviting and was a great place to hang out. We did not valet our car because it was too expensive but Jada who works at the valet was lovely and we really appreciated her being so engaging and giving us tips about Memphis.

The room was nice and spacious with good lighting. The water machine in the hallway was great which saved us money on buying water which was great. To be walking distance from Beale street was a treat and well worth it. I would definitely come back again.

Room tip: Try not to get a room in the front because on weekends it’s super loud. If you’re hungry after 11, the bird dog lounge was good.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia Johnson Webster, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2024

Thank you for spending your Memorial Weekend with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I am so glad that several of our wonderful team members made such an impact on your stay. WE hope that you will come back and visit our hotel and Memphis.

Reviewed 20 May 2024

Canopy Memphis

First impressions count, right?

Maybe we were tainted after leaving the lovely warm welcome of Nashville 3 hours earlier.

Our room wasn't ready at 1.15pm when we arrived and Dawn seemed quite cheesed off we were even here. I've not been met my a rude reception like this before but I was later to learn that most staff in Memphis have some form of bad attitude. They are very abrupt and quite rude- Dawn was our first experience of this.

We disappeared and came back 2 hours later. The room still wasn't ready. We waited a further 15 minutes before we got our room. There was a problem with the card reader and the staff came across as a touch incompetent. They have no uniform and wear their own clothes so it loses that feel of professionalism.

We discovered the room has no iron. FOUR times I had to request it from reception. The 4th call was met by a rude gent that could only muster one word. Even when you call the front desk, these are not friendly people with the usual professional patter.

The air con was broke in the room. I reported it several times but no one reacted. After the 4th call, someone turned up and fixed it but it broke the next day.

On the 5th call, I just asked for a fan as we were getting nowhere with the a/c. We had no air con for our 3 day visit in 90 degrees of heat. Even after the request for the fan, it still wasn't delivered for 90 minutes.

At bedtime, the real party outside starts. It's a daily event to race your sports car on the road outside making as much noise as humanly possible. This usually goes on until 3am. The hotel has poor soundproofing compared to a Heathrow hotel where planes fly over your head without notice.

It's a shame that the attitude of Memphis folk split this trip because the hotel is beautiful, clean and brilliantly located.

Memphis isn't somewhere I'd recommend spending more than a day. It's rundown and looks dangerous. Get in, do Graceland and Beale Street, then get out.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia Johnson Webster, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2024

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that your experience with our team, your room and our city was not pleasant. Your honest feedback is our way of growing and learning. We will continue to work with one of our newest team members to ensure that she is up to the standard that we expect from all of our enthusiasts. It saddens me deeply that it took multiple requests, we have systems in place to ensure that request is handled in a timely manner and that you did not experience the level of customer service that our guests receive.

Reviewed 6 May 2024

I was there April 19-21,2024 I made these reservations base on the review and was I wrong. I paid for 2 king size beds for 300 dollars a night to attend a funeral the next day. I would like to warn people that this hotel does not provide any after hour housekeeping services that may occur in the room. I had no towels in my room and need to take a shower that early morning. I went down to the front desk to ask for some towels, I was told that housekeeping don't come in until 9 o'clock AM. I ask the front desk person what am I supposed to do when i have a funeral to attend this morning and need to take a shower. you are telling me that this 5-star hotel that I am paying over 600 dollars a night can't find someone in here to give me some towels. Is this what you are telling me housekeeping does not come in until 9 o'clock and I cannot get any towels to take a shower until they come in. If you don't have any towels in your room are if the A/C not working, a leaking bathroom you are out of luck in a 5-star hotel. There is on staff on the grounds to take care of these problem. You have to wait until the next day at 9 o clock when the staff come in.

Room tip: house keeping
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Cynthia Johnson Webster, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2024

Thank you for sharing your recent experience and we truly apologize that there were issues with your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience during the late hours as our staff should be able and willing to handle these requests 24 hours a day. We will review with our team to see what happened as this is not our standard and we do not want any of our guests to experience what you shared. I know that this was a difficult time for you, and I apologize that we did not delivery the level of service that you should have experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2024

This is a really nice hotel. The restaurant is very good. The atmosphere in the lobby is very attractive. There's one room that's got old cassette tapes & LPs as its decor. The employees were very helpful. Sorry I did not get the names of the desk clerk with short reddish hair and glasses, and the Latina housekeeper on the fourth floor. A shout out to Billy at the parking garage who was so friendly and helpful regarding places to go and places to eat. The rooms and service were very comfortable and nice. I'd go back.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia Johnson Webster, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2024

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are so glad that you had a wonderful time in Memphis. Our front desk team member with the short reddish hair is none other than Eboni. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you would come back, we appreciate this so much.