See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I originally reserved 2 one bedroom suites at this hotel, for 2 nights. When I arrived at the hotel, let's just say it wasn't anything like I expected. The hotel is run down and looks very dated. I arrived at the hotel at 5:30 pm and and had an event to attend at 6: 30, so didn't have the time to look for another hotel. I checked in and started to make my way to my 2 rooms. When I stepped into the elevator, I should have known what was in store for me. It was a hot 90+day outside, but the elevator felt hotter than it did outside. When we opened the door to both of the rooms, the heat immediately hit us. In both rooms, the wall air conditioners were off. I guest this is a way for the hotel to save on costs while unoccupied. Unfortunately for the guest checking in, it makes for a very uncomfortable, sweaty experience. We immediately turned on the air conditioners, but the room was still hot by the time we left the room. The rooms looked very dated and old. We only had time to change clothes and leave for our event. Before we left, I went down to the desk to alert the clerk that we would be checking out in the morning. We arrived back at the hotel that night around 12:00 am. When my wife started to pull the bedding back to get into the bed, she immediately noticed what looked like urine stains and some type of red stain (not sure if it was blood or some type of dark red lipstick). She called me to show me what she found. As we inspected further, we found stains in the flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillow cases. It looked like housekeeping didn't change any of the bedding from the guests who stayed before us, they just remade the bed. Also, the sofa bed mattress on the underside had a bloodstain on it, approximately 8 inch's in diameter. Luckily, I keep an inflatable mattress with me when I travel, for emergencies. I immediately went down to the front desk and reported this to the front desk. To my surprise, the gentleman that was in front of me at the desk was down reporting the same issue with bedding, for his room. Apparently, we weren't the only 2 with this problem, because the front desk agent stated that they had ran out of clean linen to give for the bed, because they were given earlier to other guests. The clerk searched and said that he would move us to another room. At approximately 1:00 am in the morning, my wife, kids and I had to pack up our belongings and move to another room. The other room's linen was clean, but the bedroom door was badly damaged and the smoke detector was completely detached and missing from the ceiling. We spent the night in the new room because it was so late, but felt very uncomfortable the whole time we were there. The next morning we ran out of there to a hotel that was much more suitable for clean living.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Wasn't the best, but could have been worse too. Inexpensive stay, especially with 3 kids, the indoor pool area was a plus, clean room, free breakfast was a nice money saver too. Didn't care for having to wear an armband the whole stay if you wanted to swim everyday.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Do not...I REPEAT DO NOT STAY IN THIS DUMP!!! First off they deducted 2 amounts on my debit card and refuse to put the money back on my card!!!! Secondly you have to have a plumbing license to stay there bc if your room toilet floods and you call to the front desk they going tell you THE PLUNGER BY THE VENDING MACHINE!!! Save yourself a headache....PAY A LIL MORE AND GO TO ANOTHER PLACE!! You've been warned!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
comfortsuites123, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites I-240 East-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a hotel review. From reading your comments we did not exceed your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology. I would like to add that if a gusts checks out early, then there may still be a hold on a bank card for a few days. Credit card refunds are always pending for a short time no matter what the nature of the business. Scott Akin--Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Checked in, got on elevator, and bam, smelled just like someone got done smoking a joint. Pot stems were on the floor for 2 days. No sheets on pull out sofa, called twice to get sheets and never received. Called front desk multiple time the two nights stayed about all the noise and nothing was done. One night over a hundred people hanging out in parking lot at midnight, then they all scattered after someone yelled cops. Problem was, most of the people that scattered obviously were not staying there because they got in car and left. The 3rd floor had the worst odor. When I checked out I told front desk all of my complaints and they didn't even say sorry. Also room 319 had a group that had to move because of bed bugs. I asked front desk if anyone watched the surveillance cameras from previous night and they said management does. So I hope they watch night of 4/22/2017 to see all the people hanging out. Can't blame the night shift crew feel it is a lack of mgmt. support. There is a reason all the other hotels have a gated fence around them, to keep the trash out. Too bad this place doesn't have a gate. Also the 20 yard dumpster just sitting out front is a real eye sore. No construction going on just a dumpster sitting out there. And you can tell the dumpster has been there awhile. The trash in the parking lot was the same trash that was there the entire time we stayed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
comfortsuites123, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites I-240 East-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you for writing a review. It is important to hear from our valuable guests, especially when the news is not good. I don't believe this is the typical stay at our hotel though. I will run the cameras back, and I am designating personnel to prevent people, guests or otherwise, from loitering in the parking lot. However, it does appear we had an unruly crowd during your stay. Please accept my sincere apology. I would like to ask that you give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future. Did you get to enjoy the indoor pool and spa? Scott Akin--Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Two friends and I stayed here this weekend while visiting for a conference. The people working the front desk were incredibly nice and helpful, and offered shuttle service when we needed it. The king sized bed was super comfortable as well. However, that's about all I can say that's positive.

The whole first floor definitely feels like there's some side business going on. People are constantly pulling up and going in and out of the first floor and the hallway and stairwell smelled like weed constantly.

The pull out couch mattress was filthy. It was so bad that we decided to sleep three to the king bed instead of using the pull out. The drawers in the night stand had cigarette ash in them. The bath towels had small hairs in them, and the room itself smelled like ten year old cigarettes. We didn't even bother to check out the pool and the WiFi wasn't working on any of our phones or laptops.

Overall, if you just need a place to sleep, it's alright, but I'd suggest somewhere else even if it's a little more expensive.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
comfortsuites123, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites I-240 East-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is important to this industry to hear from our guest, especially if the news is bad. I do want to thank you for acknowledging the professionalism of the Front Desk Staff; however, we definitely did not exceed your expectations. From reading your comments, I believe you were here during a weekend with six thousand people visiting Memphis. Also from reading your comments, it sounds like you were assigned a smoking room, and you should have been assigned a non-smoking. This is the first complaint I've gotten about the towels though. I hope you at least got the chance to enjoy the free deluxe breakfast. Also, I can't tell from your comments whether you let the front desk know of your displeasure. I would like to advise all guest in any hotel to let the front desk know right away if there is any problem so that we can try to solve it. Also, if there was the smell of weed then the front desk should have called the authorities. I will insist this be done in the future. Scott Akin--Front Desk Manager.