“How did it go so wrong?!”

B.B. King's Blues Club
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 2nd
Description: This is the original B.B. King's Blues Club located in Memphis, Tennessee, the home of American blues music, legendary musicians, famous barbecue, historic landmarks and great basketball. With live entertainment every night of the week - from authentic blues to classic soul and rock and roll - and a menu full of Southern favorites, the club is a popular destination spot on Memphis' historic Beale Street. The club offers a full menu comprised of a variety of the South's most delicious comfort foods influenced by flavors from New Orleans all the way to the Mississippi Delta, including authentic Memphis-style barbecue. You MUST stop in for our award winning ribs that are some of the best in town - which says a lot for a town known for the world class barbecue! Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night meals, the intimate restaurant and live music venue has some of the finest local entertainment in town live on stage nightly as well as national touring performers. B.B. King's offers several creative options to meet your event needs. With a unique layout, the club has several different areas available for booking that perfect venue space for a variety of events - from birthday parties and family reunions to wedding receptions and corporate events.
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Food = Decent
Band = Alright
Venue = Pretty cool
Waiter = Complete and utter moron

I don't know where to begin with this guy other than to say I'm a very chilled out customer, I am not fussy at all and will normally see past a little bit of bad service when you can see someone is clearly over worked or whatever - I just don't sweat it. This is the first time in my life though that another human being has managed to annoy me to such a degree.

There's too many points to list but suffice to say every table that this dude was waiting had a problem be it wrong meals, no drinks, inaccurate bills, cold food, all food served at one time etc. You name it this guy managed to f*** it up. Most people paid up and left as soon as possible, as did we.

This said it wasn't so much that he was a bit over stretched and made a few errors, we all understand a few genuine human errors right? I'll certainly always look past that and be reasonable - it was just the total disdain for the public that he had in arguing with everyone that challenged legitimate problems with the food and service. HeWhatever this guys career path it is not in dealing with people for sure.

I guess the one ray of sunshine is I grabbed another lady who worked there, explained what a pratt this guy was and that could I please settle my bill with her - she was better and helped us get the hell out of there. Fast.

What an insult to the good name of Mr king. Shame.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

The food at this restaurant is very good. But the best dish in my opinion is the rack of ribs. For the rest of my life I will always compare the ribs every where I go with these. They are the best I have ever had. Try the deep fried pickles too.

Date of visit: October 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I liked the entertainment better than the food. When you go to cities like this, you always look for a place to just rest and enjoy the local entertainment. Sang along and had a grand ole time. Was not that impressed with the food at all. Had the chicken fried chicken. If you go to a place to eat with other people, you want to eat the same time everyone else does. That was not the case. They messed up my order and I waited an additional 45 minutes to get my food. Everyone else had eaten. They comped my meal, BUT, that was not a great first impression.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Found BB Kings on our first night on Beale Street. The $3 dollar cover charge for the band was great value. B B King's All Stars were excellent - 8 piece line up at one time with three horns. We returned the following tow nights. Although the other acts were not as good as the All Stars they were very good.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Went to BBs in the afternoon to try the famous Memphis BBQ. Food was good but a little overpriced. Service was ok but felt they expected people to come because of the connection and reputation.
Glad we did it but not again.