Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tessa B
London, United Kingdom

Every Moxy should have a Matt

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Apr 2024via mobile
On arrival, checking in at the Bar, we had a lovely, cheerful greeting from Matt. He was informative and proficient. Explained about the tram, best places to eat etc. Matt actually made us feel welcome and that he wasn’t just doing his job.

Our room was basic and small. Not ideal when travelling with large suitcases as there is no where to store except the floor and then they are a trip hazard. Air conditioning was very noisy.

On the plus side, the room had a safe and the hotel took security of the building quite seriously. You needed your room key to access the building, the gym, restrooms - this is essential for downtown Memphis.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Skyscanner.com
    $315
0.7 km from Moxy Memphis Downtown
View more hotels in Memphis
All reviews great valet service marriott hotels your luggage comfortable stay an older hotel business trip beale street valet parking pinball closet allie gym elevator communal lobby downtown trolley
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2024 via mobile

I never stayed at a hotel with so much pizzazz. The checkin was smooth with Matt. Pin Ball machines in the lobby. Games galore for all to play. Across the street from the trolley and a huge park. Clean room quiet around the hotel except for the playing of children. Awesome

Room tip: Uber or Lyft only to get from the airport
Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed 26 February 2024 via mobile

I will never stay here again. I am a member and I come to Memphis all the time for business. Terika was so rude, unhelpful, and downright disrespectful. In all my Marriot years, I have never experienced such distasteful and belligerent establishment. Not only was she rude to me during check in, but she was rude to several guest that were at the bar. She was yelling at another patron at the bar and I wanted to run away at that point. You would’ve thought this was a motel 6 by the service. Allie never acknowledged me while I was here and had to have another bartender, I think her name was Morgan, come by to service me. Thank God for her because I would’ve checked out same day. She was so nice and told me about the spots Downtown.

Room tip: Avoid Terika and allie. Morgan is great.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Eric S, General Manager at Moxy Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Ymirlove,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am so sorry you didn't receive excellent service from all of our team members during your visit to our city. While I'm pleased Morgan took great care of you, I'm disheartened by the level of service you received from Terika and Allie. We will address this immediately so that no other guests/patrons have to encounter such behavior. Again, I apologize you had to endure service that is definitely below yours and our standard.

Warm regards,

Eric S.

Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

Basically, this is for the parking guys! Showed up with a long bed, Duel tires ram truck with a horse trailer in a very tight parking lot. The entire valet parking staff jumped into action, incredibly friendly, incredibly efficient, the biggest shout out goes to Jeremy who took immediate control and was so friendly and helpful. It set tone for the day.

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 31 December 2023 via mobile

Super CUTE HOTEL, very artsy. Small rooms but VERY comfortable, pillows were awesome. Oh and did I mention CUTE. Location is great, lobby is Contemporary, LOVED it. The area felt safe, close to the famous BASS PRO SHOP. I would choose to stay here again.

Room tip: Valet for sure, do not be out late in Memphis.
Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 10 December 2023 via mobile

Basic room as expected from a Moxy, with comfortable beds. Room felt well used, was in need of maintenance/overhaul and was not fit for lodgings. Wires left hanging below TV and TV was unplugged. Dirty shower tiles and dust was thick on top of bathroom mirror. Service was attentive but not outstanding. For a hotel brand that markets itself to the budget conscious traveller, I was surprised that they only offered valet parking (Which parked the car directly in front of the hotel). A self parking option or hybrid between the two would offer a more relatable service.

Room tip: Don’t use the valet parking, you can self park near by
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Davion Sauls, Guest Services / Front Office at Moxy Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2023

Hey UnderTravel,

Thanks for choosing us and giving us your feedback. We let you down in the most basic but super important way, by giving you a room that wasn't on our usual level of awesome. We hope you will accept our apologies. We are glad you told us about this issue, and we have shared this with our management and crew to make sure it doesn't happen again. We hope to have you back so we can show you some Moxy love!

Peace, love + MOXY