“Best fish and chips we had in Scotland!”
Review of The Real Food Cafe

The Real Food Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tyndrum
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award winning road side diner serving great fish & chips, burgers, salads, soups and home baking. We specialise in being family friendly, we have a great selection of gluten free food available and we welcome dogs (and well behaved owners!)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best fish and chips we had in Scotland! Amazing taste!!!! And very cosy atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recommended by a friend to avoid the busy self service restaurant across the road.
This is a great stopping point with a great selection of home made cakes and freshly made hot food.
Service is friendly and welcoming with good value for money.
I like the clever idea of the little side sever where you can get teas and coffee, cake and snacks to takeaway.
this is on my list to return when passing. Enjoy

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was up here all weekend with the Highland Fling race, always loved getting Fish & chips from here. It’s a great wee place. Also they do great soup. If you want good grub, defo go here.

1  Thank scotsdiner12
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent Scottish breakfast, well cooked and not in the slightest bit greasy. Lovely to sit and watch the birdies feeding from the many feeders just outside the window. Also had a huge slab of the nicest fruit cake to take away and eat during my journey. Friendly helpful staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lets get one thing straight: I am Scottish.
So when I say this is my favourite place to eat I am serious.
I travel almost two hours to get to the RFC.
Having Coeliac Disease I thought one of the things I had lost from my diet was my favourite treat of fish and chips. The RFC offers Gluten-Free fish and chips that has no taste difference to it at all and it is Coeliac UK Approved. They also have a variety of Gluten-Free cakes available and every time I've visited the staff are so happy to talk about the different ones they have to offer or have had to offer that day - I normally arrive really late.
I don't get to visit regularly due to the distance but I stop by at least once every six months. Next time I visit I'm buying a hoody and a mug.
Looking forward to the next time.

Note:
This place welcomes dogs, walkers, families, couples, friends, road-weary travellers and basically the whole world.If you're passing do please stop in to one of the most lovely and friendly little restaurants in all of Scotland.