All reviews seafood restaurant scallops cycle path patio doors old railway stunning views loch linnhe bar menu cooked to perfection dvd player porridge superb location dining room long weekend lovely room couple of nights hollytree hotel
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

This is one of our favourite hotels. Make sure you ask for a Captain's Room with a balcony overlooking Loch Linnhe, these are recently refurbished and are excellent. Very good shower and a bath, bliss for aches and pains having just completed the West Highland Way. The restaurant is excellent with good imaginative food from locally sourced produce. Staff are lovely, and very helpful. This was our third visit and we will be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a luxury stay where dogs are allowed and this was perfect
We had a two bedroom lodge with balcony overlooking the loch which was beautiful
We had lunch on the bars outdoor area in the sun with the dog as the bar is dog friendly
I would recomend the Cullen skink
We later had dinner in the bar and the food was amazing
The best thing about this hotel though is the staff
On our first night Hamish took unwell vomiting blood etc and we had to call the family who own the place for vets numbers
They were very helpful and concerned re the dogs health
After a visit to the vet and some sleep I went to reception to explain about circumstances and stains I could not get out of carpet and to pay for cleaning it
Lady in reception was lovely telling me not to worry about and was more concerned about the dog
She assured me the cleaners would get stain out
Apart from doggy disasters I would return in a heartbeat

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Not sure what I expected here when I booked some weeks earlier. The rooms were sea facing, they were clean, well-appointed with a good ensuite, bed was comfortable and it was well cleaned every day. Plenty hot water, good tea making facilities and very helpful staff. Wifi was excellent. The hotel could do with a "bar" rather than the area they called a bar which was just an extension of the restaurant which meant that when the "locals" sat around the serving area in the evening, it became quite congested (for a small area!). The food was good though not cordon blue and there is a lot of frying! The view is stunning and all in all, it was a very enjoyable experience. We'll be back!

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

A great wee hotel for families, so getting away for a break here was a real tonic and we left feeling really relaxed. No gripes at all, good rooms, good food and good staff. And a stunning location. We'll go back.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Called in for an evening meal. We were seated by the window with nice views. Both of us had the soup as a starter followed by chicken and haggis in a peppercorn sauce. It was ok to be fair, and the service was very good from the team of waiting staff.
We last visited 16 years ago, it felt special then, it felt tired and a bit grubby in places now.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple