“Rude staff”
Review of The Chippy

The Chippy
Ranked #31 of 42 Restaurants in Portree
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Popped in for food but saw everything was cooked in beef fat. We don't have a problem with that but due to dietary restrictions had to cancel our order immediately, to be told "tough luck" and laughed at......not really the attitude to have folks.I'm sure they don't care as they've got plenty customers.....and as a chef I understand beef fat imparts a delicious flavour to food....but your customer service stinks more than my socks after a 40 mile hike!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with my children. Was good and cooked fresh. The children loved it. My son thought the beef lard it was cooked in made it all the more delicious

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I visited this place with a tour group, and everyone who went there loved it. The pricing was great, chips were served with just about every plate and there was tons leftover amongst all of us, and all the food was piping hot and fulled me up for the rest of the afternoon. Great place to have lunch at!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

We visited here when staying in Portree and loved it. The portions were an ok size (had more generous portions of chips in my time) and food cooked perfectly; with reasonable prices. We both went for the Haddock & Chips, which were cooked in Beef Oil, this gave a slightly different taste but still very good. The service was quick and friendly and all food was cooked to order.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

You order at the counter, and then take your fish and chips outside to eat on picnic tables. The fish and chips were very good, and it was fun eating outside and doing some "people watching" as folks strolled along the nearby sidewalk. Of course, if you're looking to sit down inside a fancy restaurant, then this is not for you. If you want an inexpensive, very good meal of fish and chips in a picnic atmosphere, then this is the place.