All reviewsbit datedisle of skyefirst floorthe ground floorbreakfast was excellentoverlooking the harbourpleasant staytwo nightsroom was largelovely viewthe pubfamily roomcooked breakfastjoanscotlandensuite
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We ate in the restaurant and found the food to be of good quality but some of the servings were really very small. In particular one lady was served a piece of monkfish that would be a child's portion at some of the other eateries in town. And at the higher end of the price range here too. The restaurant staff were very friendly and accommodating but despite doing their best they seemed inexperienced and a little overwhelmed with the task in hand. I've eaten here before and been more impressed. I'm hoping they will raise their game as I regularly bring small groups of guests to Skye.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2018

This is a very nice hotel. The shower is extremely small. It is hard to turn around and wash your hair but as many of the other facilities we visited, very clean. Staff was very nice. WE had a drink in the bar and it was fairly inexpensive.
Food was again really good. The people in Scotland know how to eat and you don't walk away from your table, hungry. WE ate in a very large, well lit room that was beautiful.
Because we were with a group, we had a choice of three entrees. Everyone we were with at our table, enjoyed their meals immensely.
One thing though is that unlike the US., they do not serve coffee or tea during the meals.
You have your drink after the meal. You can order wine with your meal.
Cream, does not exist in Scotland for your coffee. Milk is what most restaurants will offer. In some cases, the staff went out of their way and provided whipping cream to our gratefulness.

Room Tip: request a bay view or mountain view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and I stayed here while on a tour of the Highlands. I can't comment on the value of this place since I didn't directly pay for it. However, I can make some other observations.

The good:

The harbor view from our room was fantastic and very relaxing.

The average:

The front desk staff was professional, but not really friendly.

The bad:

The first thing we noticed on the way to our room was a number of maintenance issues. The door hinges squeaked. There were dead bugs in a light fixture. Not good.

Our room was tiny and cramped. It did have a well designed storage area as you came in the door. The bathroom was even smaller.

The restaurant. Our tour company suggested that we NOT eat dinner there, and judging from the breakfast, I'm glad we didn't. It was obvious that none of the breakfast dining staff really wanted to be there. The food seemed made of cheap ingredients. As an example, the beans that came with the full Scottish breakfast were obviously out of a can (for those of you in the US, think Van Camp's Pork and Beans). The sausage was of a low, tasteless quality. On the plus side, there was good fruit available.

I'm not sure why the tour company picked this place. Maybe there was nothing else available - Portree seemed pretty busy. I'd be hard pressed to recommend it, and I'm being a little generous calling is average.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kolohe280
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel located close to the town long term parking lot with great views of the harbor. Lots of shops and restaurants on all sides of the hotel, including a grocery store. They had some construction equipment in the hall and signs saying no hot food take away in the rooms.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2018

This is a fantastic place to stay. All staff treat each guest as a unique and valued person. The rooms are very comfortable. The position of the hotel is a great place... central to everything.... Only drawback is the lack of close to door parking for non ambulatory guests.... There is a car park just round the corner..... I will definitely visit again

Stayed: June 2017